Pot News Thread

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Feb 28, 2018.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Boy you really hate people that smoke pot.

Bengal B and GiantDuckFan like this.
  2. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Excuse me, i'm on my yearly pilgrimage to Colorado. It's a journey through time. I'll be back last week

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

If someone did buy Tesla stock when i was considering it, whether that was a good investment is yet to be determined. As of now, it can be said that the stock was not bought at the 'bottom'. In 4 years if the stock is trading at ~800 / share then it was a great investment. I'll give you that risk has increased.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Sorta depends on the goals of the investor. Short-term, bad. Longer expectation...still undetermined as you say. I guess it was just stunning to me when I read, "We think Tesla probably increased its employee base by more than it needed to last year, and is laying off some of those workers to bring down costs," said Garrett Nelson, automotive analyst at CFRA Research.

“For most auto manufacturers, the cost-cutting would be received positively, but in Tesla’s case, investors start to second guess whether demand is the real issue,” Nelson said"

This is where Musk's ego and inexperience really hurts. Hiring and then laying off in the course of a year smacks of near-retardation in the auto industry. They should have hired half as many until they could ACTUALLY demonstrate demand.

5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

From 'The Star Spangled Banner', wouldn't the lyrics "the land of the free and the home of the brave" be more appropriate for Canada now?

I was thinking about that as i was entering Texas via I-40 after my Colorado vacation. ;)

6. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Federal: End The Federal Government's Enforcement of Marijuana Prohibition
    Senator Ron Wyden and Representative Earl Blumenauer have introduced legislation in the House and Senate -- The Marijuana Revenue and Regulation Act / Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act -- (S. 420 and HR 420) to permit states to establish their own marijuana regulatory policies free from federal interference. In addition to removing marijuana from the United States Controlled Substances Act, this legislation also removes enforcement power from the US Drug Enforcement Administration in matter concerning marijuana possession, production, and sales — thus permitting state governments to regulate these activities as they see fit. An additional excise tax would be levied on the sale of marijuana.

https://norml.org/action-center/ite..._492052&email_subject=just-in-senate-bill-420

kcal and KyleK like this.
  7. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

a bill was submitted to the Oregon Legislature which would allow Oregon marijuana to be exported to recreational marijuana legal states and Canada. A moot point in today's world, because transporting across state borders is illegal under federal law and falls under the jurisdiction of the DEA, violators would be prosecuted no matter what state law says. Oregon Senator Wyden's bill could change that.

Frogleg, kcal and KyleK like this.
  8. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

It's truly mind boggling when you really think about it - that the federal government classifies cannabis as Schedule 1, and all it's extracts. Our Federal government bands the use of CBD for any medical purpose (except one very limited med for child seizures recently brought to market - again, "brought to market"). CBD - it doesn't get you high, but it helps many people with many different health issues. And our federal government bands it with potentially big time consequences.

It's about making money at the expense and suffering of many Americans. It's dark age crap.

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Which makes me wonder... Is the CBD oil at the Ra shop in Covington the real thing?

10. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

No. Hemp has traces of CBD that is legal - probably legal because it's not effective enough to reduce pharmaceutical drug sales, like opioids, etc... And CBD is more potent with some degree of THC. They work incredibly well together.

It is the distinction between CBD derived from marijuana and CBD from hemp oil that sets them apart. Marijuana is harvested for its buds, which contains psychoactive properties known to produce stoned effects. When it comes to hemp, the stalks and seed are the targets of this crop. These plants do not contain enough THC to get anyone high. In fact, for cannabis to be considered hemp, it must have no more than 0.3 percent THC.

Although CBD oil and hemp oil are both low in THC, the difference in the amount of CBD these products contain is huge. Hemp oil has only traces of CBD (around 3.5 percent,) while CBD oil can have up to 20 percent. It is the higher concentration that makes CBD beneficial in the treatment of various health disorders. Hemp oil based CBD products do not contain enough of the compound to be considered much more than a health supplement. These are the products found in health food stores all over the country – legal in all 50 states.

Just think of hemp oil-based CBD as a vitamin (high in Potassium and Magnesium) and the bud-based products to be pharmaceutical grade.

THC and CBD are the power couple of cannabis compounds — they work best together. Scientific studies have established that CBD and THC interact synergistically to enhance each other’s therapeutic effects. British researchers have shown that CBD potentiates THC’s anti-inflammatory properties in an animal model of colitis.

Scientists at the California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco determined that a combination of CBD and THC has a more potent anti-tumoral effect than either compound alone when tested on brain cancer and breast cancer cell lines. And extensive clinical research has demonstrated that CBD combined with THC is more beneficial for neuropathic pain than either compound as a single molecule.