Pot News Thread

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Feb 28, 2018.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

that was good, a lot better than I expected actually

[​IMG]

Frogleg and Bengal B like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I had wanted to try vaping but since I don't have access to oil or wax I never did. Recently I heard that you can vape dry herb with a vaporizer. There a some online for el cheapo to over $300. Today I bought one at a local vape store. A Pulsar GO series for $70 + tax. You put the dry herb in the chamber and press the button. I heats up to 500 degrees and doesn't burn the weed but the heat extracts the oils and vaporizes it.

I tried it with some pretty good stuff and it seems more effective as to the high I would get from smoking a hit and with much less coughing. Only thing is that I get 2 or 3 hits on the same amount of weed as I would get 5 or 6 smoking it.

Opinions @Frogleg @GiantDuckFan and if you are still lurking @LaSalleAve

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

we are partial to a volcano

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  4. GiantDuckFan

theoretical vs practical,.. theoretically all of the THC is vaporized at a much lower temperature than igniting it, but that's untrue,.. if it were true, smoking pipe tar wouldn't get you high. I would bet you're wasting a lot of pot by vaping bud, but it is a lot less harmful to your lungs that way

back in the day we called it hash oil and heated it in little glass pipes, I didn't like it that much, had kind of a creeper weed effect, I prefer getting clobbered by bud in a bong

@LaSalleAve much espouses oil, I have never had any from a modern vap pen,... here it is very expensive that way, and I'm afraid I won't like bud any more if I try it,.. and I'll probably grow a couple of plants this year

Frogleg and Bengal B like this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I remember hash oil. The little glass pipes would break pretty easily but I would smear the oil on a rolling paper and use it to wrap a doobie. Pretty powerful stuff.

So far I have limited experience with the vaporizer but the weed needs to be grinded pretty good for more efficient yields. When I clean the smoked residue out it is mostly brown but there are a few flecks of green. That problem means I should grind it better.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  6. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Never switched to vaping, but they certainly have advantages - discreet, healthier than smoking, etc...but it's a different kind of high - vaping is more of a daytime kinda thing IMO, smoking is more of a deeper, sink in the couch high. A fantastic sink in the couch high is edibles - deluxe high - longer to hit but last longer and more intense.

i might smoke Sativa before snow skiing and smoke Indica and/or edibles in the evening. But i might be old school. Maybe i love the smell too.

GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.
  7. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I use a Pax3. It is by far the best vaporizer I have ever used. It will handle both dry herb and concentrate, and you can set it to the exact temperature that you want it to burn at. It has four customizable heat settings. I vape my herb on the 2nd setting...it is so nice and cool that it almost feels like its not even on.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Why would you need bluetooth and an app?

9. GiantDuckFan

[​IMG]
    that looks pretty good, Kyle, I want one

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    Frogleg likes this.
  10. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

To set your preferred temperature to the 4 customizable temperature settings and and also the duration of your sessions.