Pot News Thread

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Feb 28, 2018.

1. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Is it true that pot is more potent these days than it used to be?

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

much more potent now,. in the '70s what was available was usually a mixture of leaf, maybe some fertilized bud, and a lot of stems and seeds,.. nobody touches that stuff anymore,.. in today's world, what people buy is all sinsemilla buds, frustrated female flowers, by far the most potent part of a marijuana plant. Hybridizing has also upped the THC levels considerably.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    Frogleg likes this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

the keebler elf can suck it

Frogleg likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Yes - You are a hypocrite. Congrats on spelling it correctly. You must have had a lucid moment in between your flashbacks. I don't want to go so far as to favor the legalization of all drugs but if it could be done properly it would take the profit out of the hand of the drug cartels. Do you think Pablo Escobar would have become the 4th richest man in the world if cocaine had been legal.

It is already easy to get for anybody of any age. And has been for a long time. There were kids in my neighborhood in the 70's smoking pot. I wasted a lot of years by waiting until I was 18.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

8dd7aa46d497c98a2bd21cfa44724aa6a34f19876a54028e94097424baa41f2c.jpg

6. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Well it doesn’t sound too smart to be legalizing something that is more potent now

7. GiantDuckFan

legalized for adults, nonaddictive, safer than alcohol.. federal acceptance opens the door for expanded medical research. Removes the criminal cartels from the picture. In Oregon, legally produced marijuana is analytically guaranteed to be free of pesticides and other chemicals,.. you don't know what poisons you're ingesting from the black market. Are there downsides?.. yes, but like I said,.. safer than alcohol.

Frogleg, kcal and Bengal B like this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Both are not good. Not recommending prohibition we just shouldn't legalize another substance that can destroy your life and the people around you. Seen too much of it in my advanced age. Try 16th street in Denver these days and see the vulgar rot legalization has wrought to that city, its sad.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Why not criminalize alcohol too. It worked out so well in the Roaring Twenties.

Jmg, Frogleg and Winston1 like this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Just said I wasn't for prohibition we just should not legalize another addictive substance