Power ranking of Coaches

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Flyntgr, Dec 13, 2009.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

By your comparison then, you could say the same about Carroll for the Stanford, UW, Oregon games this year, Meyer for the loss to Bama this year among almost other close games throughout the season, Brown for almost losing the Big 12 championship, the list goes on and on...

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I find it really funny the guys #3 on his list fininshed with more season losses, lower conference rank (6th to our 3rd) and lower BCS & AP rankings than us... but yet he's miles above Miles. Who helped you put that lsit together?

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

A couple of observations about this part of your post: 1. The week before, the fans vilified Miles for NOT running the ball when we were in fg range; now granted, the situations were, in fact, different, but I have to believe that first and foremost in the minds of the coaches was to not, for any reason, end up out of fg range in OT and to protect the ball. 2. If Arkansas has such a great redzone offense, and we held them to a fg attempt, which they missed, then our coaching can't suck THAT badly because we held them in OT.

In short, Les Miles can't win with those who don't like him (and those who've NEVER liked him.) And why do the haters hate him? He's not Nick Saban--it's at the root of all of it. Many LSU fans are like a jilted lover who can't get over their ex and can't see a good thing standing right in front of them because the new person ISN'T the ex.

1 person likes this.
  4. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

None were as boneheaded as Miles...so yes I can say it. :thumb:

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

That's pretty much the best description of Miles' situation I have ever seen posted. Good reply. :thumb:

6. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Had McCoy not gotten lucky, Brown would've surpassed Miles' (even though I don't Miles made a mistake in the OM game). And now Brown is paid $5 million/yr... the highest paid coach in college football.

7. SaintSlidell

Hello, Les Jr.!

You are going against the number one redzone offense in the SEC. Did you really believe that all we had to do was kick a field goal and they would miss theres? Of course you did'nt. You would believe like every other good coach that they would probably score a touchdown. So running up the middle on your first two plays, probably was not the smartest play calling. What would you have done?

You Les lovers really crack me up, loving a guy who looks like a deer in the headlights during every game. Sure do love our SEC record over the last two years. Well at least Les won one NC with Saban's boys. Look at Saban go.....

8. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

man If Miles is this bad it speaks volumes of the 10 to 11 head coaches every year he beats!!!

they must really be stupid!!!

cliff:miles:

9. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

You Saban lovers crack me up. Saban won with Shula's players. What's the real truth? You never liked Miles or you're envious that Saban is gone?

Miles had a winning record in the SEC this year. You harp on that Arky finish... And that Ole Miss blunder...

The deal is, nothing Miles does will be good enough for you. What about that Auburn game? You haven't brought that up.

P.S. Your Saban wood is showing.

10. SaintSlidell

Ohhhhhh Saban Wood! Yes he is a much better coach than Les, and actually considered in the top 2 in the country. When someone says Saban's boys it does not always have to mean those recruited by him. What I mean is the one's coached by him. I would welcome him back in a heartbeat. Bye Les, do not let the door hit you in the arse.

P.S. I guess you would rather have Miles of Wood. :D