Power ranking of Coaches

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Flyntgr, Dec 13, 2009.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

:rofl: That was good :rofl:

But seriously. Which ones that played for LSU did Saban coach in 07? 06? 05? Or even in 08?

2. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

Thanks! I could not resist.

Players that he coached in 2001,2002,2003 and 2004 were definitely influenced by him, and it trickled down to Miles. You can look up the players if you would like, I personally do not feel like doing all that work. :wave:

3. BAY0U BENGAL

I think that's a bit of a stretch. Unless you know these guys personally and can vouch for that. Or if you are close to the program, like really close. Like, you and the AD are buddies, and can prove it.

I'd say that, too.

4. SaintSlidell

Oh I am really close to the program and me and the AD are BFF's. :lol:

5. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

We actually did a pretty danged good job against the Arky O in that game. We had a few mental breakdowns and they lucked out a bit to keep their drives alive. I was pretty confident that our D was going to stuff them in OT and obviously the coaches did as well (and who was right?). The TD on their last drive was on a 4th and 9 and that was AFTER the crappy head to head PF. In OT, they would not be throwing it on 4th and 9.

Every Arky fan sitting around me was terrified of it being decided by a field goal and pretty much every time our FG kicker took the field, the LSU fans were high-fiving the 3 points before he took the kick. That boy is MONEY and their kicker was suspect. It is funny, because I have been calling him "money" all season and I found out that that is his nick name and he keeps a bill tucked into his uniform for luck! :lol:

6. SaintSlidell

Nice Money story! :thumb:

With our talent level we should be better than Arkansas. I know the outcome of the game. In my opinion we got very lucky, that Ark did not score a TD in overtime. We get the ball first, and run the ball up the middle twice in a row. When we kicked the field goal, I was convinced we just lost for the second week in a row. LM's hat must have been glowing with special juju magic that night. Thank God we won. :LSU231:

7. BAY0U BENGAL

That's the funny thing about Saban lovers and/or Miles bashers. We lose, Miles is horrible, we win, it was luck. You show your bias. But that's ok.

Our D held em cause they got lucky. Way to give out credit. Our D held em to a fieldgoal cause we're THAT GOOD! Take all the credit away in the world, that D played well in OT.

1 person likes this.
  8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It was not LUCK that Arkansas did not score a TD on that OT drive. Our defense did its job and stopped them. Now, the fg, on the other hand, WAS lucky. But Tiger Stadium has proven the bane of better kickers than that guy.

Need I remind you that Nick Saban needed, what?, FIVE missed EXTRA points to beat Oregon State? You know, when we were coming off the national championship?

9. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

is florida's talent level better than arkansas'? i would think so but am not sure how you'd answer that.

my next question would be if you watched that fla v ark game and if you were aware it took place in gainesville. also how the refs more or less screwed arky out of a win.

is meyer an awful coach???

or is it perhaps he is one of the two you mention with saban when you say saban is one of the top two coaches in the country.

also let's say we find a dead hooker in miles' bed tonight and he's fired.

who would you think at this point would:
    1) come to LSU/be available to do so
    2) would do a better job than Les is doing right now.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Most Miles haters are stupid MFers, judging by their posts at least.

Coincidence? I think not.