PR wma buck

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Jan 16, 2017.

1. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

Blind ass luck but a good one. 19 inches wide 10 point 190 pounds. Drove down hwy 11, stopped at permit station thing, went maybe a half a mile saw some pretty woods, walked in saw a couple scrapes and lots of pig sign. Sat down on a stump and about an hour later he comes by running a doe. I'll def be hunting on yalls side of the river again. Someone recently had a crack at him bout knocked his horn off I bet they were pissed. Some pretty woods but man it's wet I bet there are some really fine ones deep in there where they are harder to get to. I was literally only maybe 300 yards from the truck
    [​IMG]

Bayou Tiger, KyleK and LSUTiga like this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Bastard, stay on your side.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

4. jvalhenson

Nope. I know what's up now

Bayou Tiger and tirk like this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Poacher

shane0911 and tirk like this.
  6. jvalhenson

Negative. Legal begal....bc can't afford to be paying fines

7. LSUTiga

I'm calling bullshit. You saw something you liked about the spot you hunted. You may take a lot of the things you know/look for, for granted at this point.

Regardless, you kill too many for it to be "luck." I understand that luck has it's place in killing nice bucks but you killed more nice ones this year than most people kill over a long span, if ever. That's a compliment though.

8. jvalhenson

Yea like I said I saw some pretty lookin woods walked in and found a little sign and sat down. There was a big briar thicket there across a little slough and lots of water with acorns scattered. All good stuff even close to the road but all stuff everyone knows. The luck part isn't sitting down in a good spot....but it is def sittin in that good spot and having a buck like that come by in around an hour the first time ever setting foot on the place. Seems everyone hunts the place by boat so it may be that the areas accessible by road and foot get overlooked a little. Or he may have just been out from deep in the swamp by chasin that tail. I don't know but I plan on hunting there in the future at some point. Hog sign was thick everywhere I walked I would think if a fella wanted a few pigs you could get on them pretty easy. That said I didn't see any pigs

9. LSUTiga

I'd go for the pigs, first. Love me some wild hog.

10. jvalhenson

Really that is why I sat there was the pig sign. There were some deer tracks and a few scrapes and a few hookings but I was more expecting to see some pigs come out of the briars into the wallows that were right there being as hot as it was. The deer sign was more concentrated though....the pig sign was everywhere so seems there is a bunch of them in there(i know there is as I have spent a good bit of time on the east side of the river in hancock county and killed a pile of them on this side) but of course sitting on the right wallow at the right time is the tricky part when there is so much damp ground for them to pick from. Every muddy spot...which there is a lot of.....had been wallowed in and there was some big pigs in there trees had mud rubbed on them near waste high.