practice report #2

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tiger777, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

what a true display of homerism. leading by 21 at the half gerry or curley could have gotten the w that night.

2. clair

clair Rockets

what a display of stupidity...

how many times did those 2 win 11 through the state's worst crisis?

3. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Score just because your a TAF member has nothing to do with the fact that you like to focus on the negative and instead of being happy that a new season is upon us you want to go and find things from last year that has nothing to do with the upcoming season.

Can you go back to last year and find anything Coach Miles did right.

Damn i get tired of seeing people who are LSU fans do nothing but critisize.

Be happy and give the man a chance. I like Coach Miles and think he did a pretty good job considering the enormous situaton he was thrown into in his first year.

Positive Things I am Proud Of:

1.) No off the field issues like other schools seem to be having.
    2.) Coming off a whipping of Miami in our Bowl game.
    3.) Good recruiting class with alot of talent
    4.) Les Miles is a good man and has good values.
    5.) 11-2 last year even with the hurricanes.
    6.) Our sports teams are all looking great heading into this coming year.
    7.) We have the LSU Tigers to pull for.
    8.) Golden Band From Tigerland
    9.) Greatest Football Stadium with the rowdiest fans anywhere
    10.) 1 extra game to pull for our tigers in this year.

My glass is half full and i can tell you one thing. When LSU goes to Tenn. this year their wont be no hurricane but there will be a mad, frothing at the mouth bunch of Tigers ready to whip PHat Phil and the rest of stinkin rocky tops ass.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

If Russell does as good as the half full people expect him to we could have a hell of a season. If we have success early, I wonder if we will be able to cope with that. It takes maturity to win from start to finish.

5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Yes, LSU fans have the audacity to actually pull for LSU instead of trying to rip them apart. Guess you Florida types just don't get it.
    :geauxtige

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Russell's record as a starter should speak for itself, and he's a redshirt junior now, not a freshman. He's quite experienced, and when the game's on the line, more often than not, he's proven to be a winner.

7. lsufan112001

lsufan112001 Founding Member

lol, he was handed a Porsche. And ranked #3 to start the season before ever coaching a game. Even had we won every game last year, USC and Texas would have been in the Champ game, as determined by the blowhards.

I can tell you this much, the bowl game saved the whole season. People can say what they want, but the first 2 games were miserable performances. Just go back to a talk show or forum after the Tenn. game and tell me what you heard. After that, we kind of limped along on a good home schedule.

I'm not as hard on Miles as KJSausage is, but i do have some worries. With all of the penalties and on the minus side of turnovers last year. and this recruiting class which has a bunch of folks missing. You can spiral downward quickly with bad classes. And being that all the early signees we just signed, no one has seem play. Makes no sense to offer them this early unless they're 4 or 5 star guys. Anyone could recruit with all of these new facilities, history, etc.

We were told that it costs $$$ to win, we'll we're all paying up and i expect no less to get what i pay for. This aint Miss. State or some scrub school.

We'll see how Miles pans out, it is only the guy's second year. somehow i think the offense would be much better with Flynn running it. But we'll see on that too.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Going into last season, our team was a lot of hype. We hadn't proven that we deserved to be #3.

I agree & disagree. I think it would've been a good season anyway, but the way it ended has allowed many fans to quit b*tching, although obviously not all of them...

Miles & staff don't recruit based on what Rivals or Scout ranks players. They rank their own players. Rivals may think someone is a 3 star, but if the coaches think he's the best player at his position, then that is what matters.

4 folks missed (3 of them not suprises), and the clearing house is a seperate issue where we filed paper work too late because we thought they could practice without it completed.

PS: We still pay less money than some of the other big schools.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

For all of you folks citing Miles' record in his first season, I suppose you think Coker is a top notch coach as well? I think it is a little early to say Miles is definitely a great coach. Last season turned out well, and it is good you guys want to support the guy, but there are many unknowns at this point.

As far as being totally confident in Russell, I haven't been convinced yet by what I've seen. He has a great record and amazing physical skills, but if you are going to give the team credit and Flynn a hohum about the Peach Bowl vs Miami, don't you have to do the same with Russell? I think much more credit goes to the defense for Russell's record - the offense under Russell had much more three-and-outs and turnovers than game defining touchdown drives. I don't feel like I'm ripping on Russell here, either; having watched most (if not all) of the games last season, I feel I am stating pretty solid fact. All last season, I remember being impressed by the offense once against solid competition. Russell wasn't on the field for that game.

I'll be rooting Russell on and hope you guys are right, but until I see him (and the offense, to be fair) produce a complete game I won't believe it.

This post may come off as negative, but it is only because I feel you guys have the positive covered. I am only trying to balance the sunshine. If all you guys were negative, I think I'd be pointing out some of the positives. What I'm trying to say is that regardless of what you guys say, I'm going to disagree. :thumb:

10. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Like I said earlier in this thread, Miles is a decent coach imo... He hasn't skipped a beat on the recruiting trail (as long as we get some of these guys eligible). The sunshine pumpers need to chill out. I should let the Tenn game go but I can't... not yet....

If Miles starts acting like he has a pair on the sidelines and doesn't go 'prozac' again LSU will be fine. He becomes a mute when LSU is trailing. The trip to Dallas with Skip 48 hours before the SECCG was just disgusting and both men should return their paychecks for that week.