practice report #2

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tiger777, Aug 8, 2006.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I agree but everyone makes mistakes, hopefully lessens were learned after that one. Also I doubt that it was Miles decision, Skip is the AD. This season we should get a better look at what Miles can do with no storms and a season under his belt. The schedule is very very tough so I'll be judging more on how the team plays and adjustments made that wins and losses. The season starts in less than a month it's way way past time to move on and get excited about what is to come and let what has passed go.

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

gee whiz craw.... i mean, score.......that was 348 days ago!!! 8,352 hours ago!!! 501,120 minutes ago!!!!!!!!! what in the heck is wrong with your attitude????????? are you still mad over your saban prediction not coming true? LET IT GO!!!!! is this what you talk about with the other TAF members? A GAME THAT OCCURED 11 MONTHS AGO????????????????????????? how truly and amazingly sad............why not reflect on how the team bounced back and made it to the SECCG? doesn't suit your purposes, i suppose....:angry:

3. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

yep, can't let that game go... I was laughing while walking out of the stadium after the Cap One bowl vs. Iowa and have taken several losses (even the 2002 arkansas game) with no problem. I guess I need a shrink because I still wake up in the middle of the night pissed off about the Tenn game. I think Les has major issues communicating with his coordinators... 8 qtrs of that chitty cover zone? This coach is either stubborn or Ray Charles... maybe both?

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It was his second game and under difficult circumstances on a Monday night after two hurricanes. This is the time that a new coach works out normal communication problems with coordinators and players anyway. It seemed me that they did so pretty well with a 9-1 finish after that game.

Why do you assume that Miles, his coaches, and the team itself, are not all more comfortable with new systems, new coaches, and new situation than they were in the opening home game last year?

5. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

I believe they are...

I look for big things out of this team. I'm hoping we can win 3/4 road games. I was a huge NS critic as well. Yet LM just scares me with his nonchalant attitude on the sidelines... The trip to Dallas with skip and his inability to show an ounce of leadership during the Tenn game is a major concern of mine. It's the way we lost the TENN game, 0 adjustments...:po: Let's hope this was a one time deal...

I can take losing better than most fans. Just remember fans still talk about the Jamie Howard/Curley- Auburn game....

I'm hoping Les turns out to be as good if not better than Marc Richt. The UGA fans wanted to run him out of town after his first season. UGA lost 2-3 games because of major clock management issues...

6. lsufan112001

lsufan112001 Founding Member

I feel the same way about Russell, I don't know what it is, attitude or what, but the offense was so inconsistent. Sometimes i think the guy is too slow to react, mentally and physically. It takes a lot to unwind that arm when you're 6-5 255, and when you add in the mental part, that 1 or 2 second lapse means a lot. And he just doens't have that easy touch, he might can throw it 90 yds, but does anyone ever do that in a game? no.
    It won't take long to find out to see if he has really progressed.

Whether or not Flynn is the answer, i don't know. It seems the players responded better to him.
    Of course Perriloux thinks he is, when he hits that field, he'll find out it aint that easy in the SEC.

Just let the season start and we can find something better to talk about, instead of arguing over the same thing over and over.

7. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

i already told you homer last years team had the talent to overcome piss poor coaching hence your 11 wins you keep boasting about. its ok to be a homer curley and gerry had supporters till they were run out of town too.

8. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

Talent alone does not keep a team together through 2 devastating hurricanes to win 11 games, coaches do (head and assistant coaches)!

9. swoop

swoop Founding Member

Sucks to be you then. As if his first game in tiger stadium and second game ever as a tiger is any indication what so ever of what kind of coach he is going to be here.

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Exactly.

I do not think people understand how important assistant coaches are. Most players report to and communicate with their position coaches, rarely the head coach.

As far as talent goes, if talent overcame everything, FSU would have won 9 National Titles in the past 15 years.