Practice Report from LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Aug 5, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

If you look at the records set by Trey while receiving at Barbe, too many. But some need to remember, this kid was dunking a basketball at 14 years old in the 8th grade. In baseball, he was playing center field and could cover the field. Remember, he was timed 4.39/40. A few more things to post:

Threw a no-hitter in the opening round of the 2008 Little League World Series in Williamsport, Pa. ... Helped his South Lake Charles Little League team to the U.S. title game before falling Hawaii ... Starting pitcher in U.S. title game vs. Hawaii, allowing only one run and four hits in 5.0 innings ... Grandfather is Bobby Keasler, who served as head football coach at McNeese State (1990-98) and Louisiana-Monroe (1999-2002) ... Keasler led McNeese State to championship game of the 1-AA playoffs in 1995.

Word is he has been doing well in practice and will fit in well with the Cam offense.

Seeing Quinn, he reminds me of Todd Kinchen, both could have played other sports in college, remember, Todd was offered to play Basketball at bama. Both he and Trey are right at the same height, weight is more like Quinn's is now, as to what Todds was when he left LSU. This is what Todd did in high school:

"Amazing high school athlete: named Class AA's Most Valuable Player in football, second-leading scorer on state championship basketball team, star shortstop and outfielder on state championship baseball team, all-district performer in track in the long jump, regional finalist in tennis."

Oh, a little trivia with Todd. When he came out of LSU, there were only two players drafted that year into the NFL out of LSU, both taken in the 3rd round and both taken by the same NFL team. Marc Boutte was the other player. An both were taken by the Rams.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    furduknfish and Bengal B like this.
  2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

You are a LA sport trivia machine.

cajdav1 and LSUDad like this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

More like a wealth of useless information.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

on the contrary, this guy has some wheels. runs a sub 4.4

furduknfish, StaceyO and LSUDad like this.
  5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

thats not the problem with Harris, im more concerned that the other kid holds the ball too long, but Les will start him, imo. Harris wont survive an SEC schedule with his size and that takes time. But he has the ability to put it anywhere.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This is really it in a nutshell. I'm pretty sure the Tigers are going to see 8+ in the box and a lot of it. I'm fine with what LSU has at WR, if the QB's are at least a tick better than that debacle of what can now be known as "the bag of J's" then this team could really surprise some people. Could be scary good.

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

This is right, the kid can and will play all over the field. Some like the way he can come across the middle, like Landry did last year, but also has the speed to spread a defense. This year with the speed of the 3 D's (Dupre, Dural and Diarse), add in Quinn and DeSean Smith, a team better have some great CB's and Safeties, or its gonna be a long game. Cam did a great job in what he wanted to do last year too often team were betting on pass and getting a run, then betting on a run and getting the pass. I see more of the same this year. They is more than enough practice time to get both QB's ready for this first game.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I went to school with Todd Kinchen in 5th and 6th grade. He was always in trouble, but all of us kids found him amusing.

I went to school with former A & M quarterback Bucky Richardson in 7th grade, but he was a year older. I knew his sister better than him.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I've got a bunch of Todd stories, but most I can't tell on here. An a few Brian, his brother. They were both great players in high school, college and Pro's. I would see all the family at the Parkview games.

Right before Todd finished at LSU, he was telling a coach I know, that too many people were hooked on material things. Not long after signing with the Rams he showed up at LSU with a very nice vehicle, asking a coach to come outside an see his purchase. The coach said nice Todd, an what where you telling me about material things, a few months back? Both did get a laugh about it.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    StaceyO likes this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Wasn't he the Head Coach at NISH for the Johnny Hector days?

Oh and if anyone remembers Patrick Guidry, he played for NISH same timeframe as Hector, well he is battling cancer. Keep him in your prayers, great guy. Had one hell of a leg. Saw him kick a ball from the 40 and nailed the scoreboard with it that was a good 20-30 yds behind the end zone.

LSUDad likes this.