Practice update?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Aug 10, 2019.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

And you just proved you are more if a Saints fan than an LSU fan. Between you putting former LSU players down because they didn't sign with a team you like, to not knowing who kicked FGs under Miles or their kicking percentages. There's a bitch & whine board for Saints fans you know. Just sayin..

"Goddamn talentlentless Debo Jones"..right?

Notre Dame was very impressed with O's 1 ft. FG to win ND the game.

BTW, where is "Kick Tracy" this year?

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@TigerTap Wow, you "like" my comment, then you blast it? Consistent..... but to address your comments, yes, I am a bigger fan of the Saints than I am of LSU (and I don't know the kicking percentages for Saints kickers either). So what? I'm still a huge fan of the Tigers. If I weren't, I wouldn't be here.

"Talentless"? Who said that? Certainly not me. He's one of the best in the league. But he chooses to play for the team I hate even more than Bama, so he gets no love. The end.

Tracy was actually with the Saints during the spring, but that was never going to work out for him, because the Saints have one of the best kickers in the league. Don't know where he is now, and its completely irrelevant to the fact that he was one of the very best in the nation in CFB last year, and that it was McMahon who recruited him to LSU.

Finally, I don't know what point you're trying to make about Notre Dame, and frankly, don't care. There is no making a reasonable argument with you. You have an agenda, and its spreading hatred of Coach O. You are the LSU equivalent of a gun control nut, bringing virtually every conversation back to your mission. And you question my love of LSU? You, who is never to be found discussing an LSU win except to point out where things went wrong? And then blaming Orgeron, of course. Your continued presence on this site is one of the great unsolved mysteries of our time. Please don't bother responding to or addressing me again.

Bengal B and TBTrumpet like this.
  3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Try sniffing glue not made from unicorn turds. You seriously cannot point out a couple of great players and claim OL dominance. That is akin to saying LSU has the top 5 defense in the country but really, still can't make the playoffs because the offense sucks.

Your analogy for special teams doesn't even qualify a response.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Miles made more than a 4 team playoff, 2 times in 11 years. Let's see if Orgeron gets you to 1 NC game. Don't even care how long he stays & underachieves. The Rush Retard above you in the thread is "Okie Dokie"getting Ass Mastered every year by Bama, without even scoring points or even fighting back.. He's a bitter ass 56 year old Aints fan. Don't even know why he's here.

Yes, that's exactly how you grade OL position coaches. None of them have more than. "A Few". I said he was good, not dominant. Unless they stay 10 years, it's quite difficult to have more than a few.

Tell me when James Cregg is respected enough to become a Offensive Coordinator at a Power 5 school. His OL's have looked like ass. Ask USC, that's why they fired his Lane Kiffen following ass.

Orgeron is extremely limited in coaching background & hires people he's previously worked with & various Louisiana coaches from small schools. Syracuse, USC & Saints assistants that are usually old & retired, or like Cregg who was fired and getting paid an hourly wage as "An NFL assstant to the O-line coach"

Red Barchetta thinks I have an agenda. I do. I want the College I graduated from many years ago, to hire a real College football coach & with good ideas & a real system that can potentially get LSU to the NC game. Playoffs mean "We Top 4!!" basically nothing.. unless you get into the Big game. LSU shouldn't be a rest home like The Villages for Retired coaches.

[​IMG]

Yes, you really don't want to speak about McMahon's special teams in his 1st year. It was so bad....it's unspeakable.

As for the "Unicorn turds" comment....how old are you? (If you're over 75, good chance O wants you on his shadow staff.)

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Lol, calm down counselor, I have yet to defend O for performance over or under others, just pointing out that the o-line has been and still may be very much less than what we need to make a run. That has been consistent for years and not just under ol rosie. Pinning your opinion of special teams to 1 player though is hardly an argument much less a comparison for anything Peveto produced. How you can dismiss that putrid performance his last 2 seasons and say last season was any worse is simply looking for an argument. Try separating your juris opinion of drug dealers from passive opinions of special teams and somewhere in the middle, you just might be onto something.

6. mctiger

@TigerTap "Red Barchetta"....lol, not bad. Tell you what, if you can identify the following reference without googling, we can be on speaking terms again. Ready? "Danforth and Pape"

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

@mctiger if we're on the same page here and I'm pretty sure we are ...

I read something over the last few days celebrating the day Pert joined ...

One of the best shows I've seen ... Mid South Coliseum, Memphis, 1988 I want to say.

8. mctiger

Yesterday (Aug. 13) was the anniversary of the first time Rush played in the US, also the first time they performed live with Neil on drums rather than John Rutsey. They never disappointed live.

TerryP likes this.
  9. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

I think Cregg is a poor OL coach. Not just my opinion either. He followed Kiffen to Tennessee & then to USC. But I'll agree that Louisiana has had problems developing high qualury OL & DELiver decades There are a few each year, but it's not like Oklahoma, Nebraska & Iowa. Nit that many Big OL plow boys who are huge & naturally "Country strong".

I took at look at 2014's special teams.

Tre'davious White returning punts & Leonard Fournette returning kickoffs. I think everyone remembers his ill-advised Heisman pose return for a TD. This was Peveto's return game.

Now, compare that to stubbornly trotting out Giles to return punts or muff them & hyphen Helaire on kickoffs.

There are 2 "Names" that LSU falsely remember as being horrible coaches, for no other reason than radio idiots & recruiting board retarards. Bradley Dale Peveto & Greg Studrawa. Peveto was a good LB'er coach & even better recruiter for LSU. Take a look at his LB'er corps at LSU & their performance. He's A&M's LBer coach now. And Studrawa?

Studs sucked so bad, he was OC at LSU during the 2011 SEC Championship team that went 13-1. Is currently Ohio State's OL coach. His OL teams have been great & they haven't won less than 11 games t since "Turrible" Studs joined them. Went 13-1 last season #3. Won the Rose Bowl.

10. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

eh, I didn't get it. I had to google the reference..

Haven't listened to Rush in awhile. Need to break out my albums. The Rush concert in Baton Rouge, I think 1982, was kind of marred, because i believe it was the first concert after the AC/DC "incident". The Centroplex had assigned seating for the first time ...even on the floor. Just a weird vibe, lots of Police or Security guards. Geddy Lee even mentioned he knew we had to sit & understood. The music was great & they played about 2 hours.