Prayer Request

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Deceks7, Oct 9, 2007.

1. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Done...dont know how much weight it will carry with all my transgressions, but the message was sent...my best to the young man and his family.

:tigerhead

2. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

I haven't been posting here for very long and don't know most posters very well but we are all one in Christ and I just wanted to let you know that prayers for Jerrod have extended all the way out here to the Pacific Ocean.

Aloha Akua
    [ah loh' HAH' AH koo (w)ah]

"Love of God"

1 person likes this.
  3. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prayers being sent from Mississippi for Jarrod and his family.

Please keep us updated on how the surgery goes Deceks.

4. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

They have that at my co-workers church here, also. I'm gonna ask her to make a phone call this morning and add Jarrod to the list of prayers.....24 hour prayer...can't hurt.

5. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Thank all of you, here is the latest:

Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 16:52:26 -0500

He did well on this first procedure. They took over 300 photos of his brain. They mapped the area which will allow Dr. Morgan to know what he is dealing with when he performs the actual surgery. He said the tumor does not have any major blood vessels going to it. The doctor said, that's not necessarily good or bad. The surgery will last about 13 hours. We have one more step behind us and he is resting well right now. They have him medicated for pain. Thank you for your prayers and please continue to pray as diligently as you know how

I can tell you my heart is moved to a deep feeling of love for you all right now. I can now begin to understand why our God is willing to overlook all our sin if we only love His son. Wow. Now I get it. I love you all, simply because you are showing my son love. And that is enough.

So many things have touched us and brought us to tears of love. From stories of small children saying sweet prayers for Jerrod to stories of LCS and LCU devoting chapel to praying for Jerrod. I hope my words of gratitude do not sound hollow. I hope they do not have such a familiar ring that they sound trite and empty. My heart wants to develop an entirely new language that is adequate to express my thankfulness, my love for you and yet my heart also wants to communicate my fear and my pain. Not because I want you to feel sorry for me - but rather I want you to feel moved to continue praying for Jerrod.

Doctor Morgan just came in while I was typing. He said we will be doing the surgery at noon on Thursday. He said they will have to take a significant amount of bone from the back of his head that cannot be replaced. But there are some muscles back there that help protect. They will begin by taking a piece of the tumor to try to determine what the tumor is. Once they know they will decided if they should remove the rest of the tumor. Which is what he said will probably be the case.

Jerrod is still trying to keep a great attitude. His nurse, Amy, just came in and gave Jerrod some pain medication and Jerrod softly said "Thank you Amy."

So now we know... Thursday, Oct 11 at noon. We need to pray without ceasing from now until the surgery is successfully completed. At noon on Thursday I hope you are all willing to get on your knees in fervent prayer. I assume he will be in surgery until at least midnight.

I am trying to reply to as many emails as I can, but I am very tired right now. I hope you all understand when we are not able to answer the phone.

Well, I am so tired I am going to lay back in the chair and try to rest.

We love you all,

jerry, Carla and Carly

6. meauxjeaux2

meauxjeaux2 Founding Member

I think this is the saddest thing I have ever heard.This mother has some serious talking skills too,especially going through this with her son.I'm at a loss for words,so I'll just keep praying.

7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

God, please bless this family.

8. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

The prayer pager for the Sheltons is ready, but they won’t have it until tomorrow.

The number is 806-721-2965. Callers will get a message with instructions. It will ask you to enter your Zip Code and the # sign. The pager simply vibrates when the number is dialed, letting them know that they are being prayed for at that moment.

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

D, have you heard anything? he should be in surgery now, Its 1:15 eastern time. Praying he does OK.

10. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Thanks, JS. Haven't heard anything yet. Many went down last night to be with them (they are in Plano for the operation).

Several people have sent this, and it becomes clearer by the moment.

2 Corinthians 12:9 (King James Version)

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.