Prayer Request

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Deceks7, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Here is a link to a web site dedicated to Jerrod. I didn't link to the front page, but to a page with a video from Jerrod right before he went into surgery. Please be patient, it loads very slowly, but he wants to say thank you for the prayers. They are removing the tumor now, be strong in your prayers.

http://jerrodshelton.com/news.html

2. husker

husker Founding Member

I just said a prayer and sent a page. Stay strong and stay Positive. KNOW that everything will be alright.

3. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Be of good hope. God has blessed America with some of the best surgical practitioners on earth.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

no family should have to go what this family is going through. may they draw strength from their faith and friends. it brings perspective to what really is imortant in our lives.

5. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

I love this line:

From Scott Jarvis - "Doctors have confirmed . . . Jerrod Shelton does have a brain":) (And we all thought we lost ours during the teen years)

Now to wait until we know if the tumor was benign. But the surgery seems to have gone well. Please keep the prayers coming.

6. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

D, still praying. I also signed up for email updates while I was on there. They need all the support they can get at this point. It's great to know that things are going well, so far. Thanks for the updates.

7. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Not trying to "butt in" so to speak, but a friend of mine whom I grew up with (he is 58?) is in Houston at Anderson's today. He has been fighting cancer (in the sinus area) for over a year. Thought they had it at one time. It came back. He has lost so much weight and you can actually see how bad this is on him. Has trouble talking and hearing now. Went Anderson's over the weekend. Has developed pneumonia and dramatic drop in bp. They just told us that he will probably not make it through the day. Prayer appreciated. Wife and girls will need the comfort.

8. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Col Reb, it isn't butting in. We each have friends and family that we care about. The support we give each other is what makes this place so special.

Your friend, and you, have my prayers.

9. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

I want to take a moment to thank all of you for your concern and prayers for Jerrod. A link to his web site has been provided so those who wish to actively monitor this situation can. Days will pass before we know the extent of the success and the type of tumor we are dealing with, so I encourage you to stay involved with your prayers and faith.

http://jerrodshelton.com/news.html

Secondly, I would like to thank each of you, especially the Mods, for allowing me to keep this in the Den. I know that this isn’t an LSU football topic, but I consciously put the thread here for greater exposure. Your forbearance is greatly appreciated, and I know the Shelton’s have reaped benefits untold from the prayers and compassion they have received.

You guys and gals are truly the best

10. meauxjeaux2

meauxjeaux2 Founding Member

Yes indeed,I would like to echo those sentiments towards the moderators alos.This is a special forum,with people I call my friends.