Prayers for our rival Alabama fans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Herb, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Tornadoes hit Alabama - including Tuscaloosa - leaving 128 dead in Alabama alone

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9TnzveZGdY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Massive Tornado Levels Ala. College Town[/ame]

I know many Alabama fans were there for us in the aftermath of Katrina, the least we can do if offer our comfort and prayers now to those affected.

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Feel bad for them. Hope for a speedy recovery and peace for the families that lost loved ones.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The storm videos were pretty bad, its going to be a rough cleanup up there this week. I hope there is no more weather coming at them.

4. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Prayers going up for them. I've got a good Navy buddy, Dwayne, who lives in Pleasant Grove near Birmingham. Pleasant Grove was just devastated by a large tornado last night and my friend lost the roof of his house. He was at work but his wife and grandson were in the house when the storm came through. The Lord was looking over them and no one was injured. His sister's house in the same neighborhood was leveled and I don't know if anyone there were injured or not.

Me and Dwayne always had a great time with the LSU/Alabama rivalry over the years, especially when we were stationed overseas in the Navy. We always ragged each other during the game of course, and drank a lot of beer, but we always supported the other team when they played someone else. My wife & I just went on a cruise with Dwayne & his wife earlier this month after not seeing them for 25 yrs. We all had a blast. I'm really thankful that The Lord blessed them and no one was hurt. Hang in there buddy! You'll get through this. :LSU231:

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The pictures out of Tuscaloosa are simply terrifying.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

gonna be a lot longer than that. i've seen storms like that up close, and its gonna take a long while to clean up. not to mention rebuild.

i have a cousin in tuscaloosa who is a professor at the university. when i checked on her yesterday evening, she said it was absolutely awful there, and she was sure she didnt even know how bad because everything was so overwhelmed. thank god she and her family are ok.

7. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

Thanks guys/gals for the prayers and thoughts. That surrounding area MS/AL got simply hammered. I've got several aunts and uncles in that area that we still haven't heard from this morning. The pics and videos just sent a sick feeling throughout my entire body.

Thanks for the support. :thumb:

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

hope your family is all ok, buzz. and i hope that all those effected can pick up the pieces - both literally and figuratively - and rebuild their lives.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

My parents were supposed to be driving through that area during that weather on a return trip from my sister's house in Nashville. Thankfully they decided to head home a day early.

Thoughts and prayers with all the folks in MS/AL.

10. 1BIGTIGER

1BIGTIGER Founding Member

We dodged a bullet here I am about 45 minutes from Ttown . My heart goes out to all the people of Tuscaloosa. Thoughts and prayers go out to all affected in all areas hit by these tornado outbreaks!! Very sad day!!