Prayers for our rival Alabama fans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Herb, Apr 28, 2011.

1. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

It is not good was loading supplies this A.M. to send to hosptals and clinics around area. One of my E.M.T. buddies said they found 25 bodies in one shopping center. They say F5's hit in some areas with 200 mph winds and NOTHING man made survived. He sent pics from his Iphone they are too sad/graphic to post made me relive Katrina devistation.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Last night they were talking 19 killed on the news. I just saw CNN at lunch and they said that 162 were dead and some rural areas were still unaccounted for. It doesn't rival the damage, but these are numbers that are worse than most hurricanes.

3. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I'm supposed to be driving up to Atlanta on Monday. We were scheduled to stop in Warrior, Alabama to meet up with some folks on business but I read today that Warrior was one of the hardest hit, if not the hardest hit area near Birmingham and the whole city is without power at this point. Needless to say, we probably will postpone our meeting.

4. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Prayers for all and a speedy recovery!

5. TigerRobinAL

TigerRobinAL Freshman

Yes, it was scary stuff here yesterday. As soon as one tornado was passed and we were thinking we were safe another one was right behind it.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

True, but many are Alabama students who went home to stay with their folks and other people are staying with friends because their homes are wrecked. The list keeps dropping as people check in, but there will be more bodies found for sure.