Pre Season Polls

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TheWinBar, Apr 28, 2011.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

So you would feel better if we had come in 2nd or 3rd in 2007? Dude, accept the good stuff and quit trying to find the horse**** in the Christmas stocking.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I couldn't agree more. I get so sick of our own fans discounting our '07 championship.

And discounting how fun LSU football is with Les Miles at the helm, for that matter. For every game that was mentioned earlier in this thread, we've taken twice that many teams to the woodshed.

For the past three seasons, we simply haven't had a championship caliber team, though we were close to that last year. It cycles around.

1 person likes this.
  3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

A friend of mine says that LSU fans would be happiest if we went undefeated, won the NC, then fired the coach.

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I'd settle for the first 2.

5. chewie

chewie Glitched

It's the lack of offense that's got everybody's panties in a wad. Winning games with defense isn't always pretty or exciting, but I'll take it all day, every day.

6. tigerfanforlife

tigerfanforlife Freshman

But in 2007 everyone had 2 losses except for Ohio State. In 2003 we were never ranked #1 until the final coaches poll and didn't make #1 in the AP poll. I do agree with you about the underdog mentality, but I am tired of people making excuses about 2007 and comparing it to 2003 and Coach Saban. Just be happy that LSU is where they are because of the last two great coaches we have had here.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Don't forget that this is all done with the play of the 2nd and 3rd string QBs.:D

8. Go!Hogs!

Go!Hogs! Freshman

Boy the SEC West is going to be stacked again next year. The LSU-Alabama game is going to decide a national championship.

9. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I couldn't be happier about what LSU football has accomplished in the last decade. Most schools and their fans couldn't dream of achieving that level of success. Having said that, I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and ignore the role that sheer luck had in both of those championships. If Hawaii didn't win their bowl in 2003 and Pitt didn't pull an improbable upset due to a WVU injury, we're not talking about any NC's. There's always some element of luck present to win an NC, but LSU has needed an awful lot of it.

If LSU has favorable chances of competing for an NC, I'd simply prefer LSU to control its own destiny, rather than hope and pray that voters take mercy on us and put us in the NC game in a toss-up. You can be extremely grateful and thankful for what your team has accomplished, while striving to do better. Frankly, I think LSU has outgrown this whole underdog thing. If we're a preseason Top 5 team, then we should relish the challenge of having the bullseye on our backs and facing down all the would-be giant-killers.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Nice try, but just about every single BCS champion team had games like the ones you mentioned. Look at UF 2008. That was a baller ass team and somehow lost it to ol nuttbag.

Or Take Auby from last year almost losing it twice last year to the likes of Kentucky and Clemson.

There is only one factor in judging success in sports…… Wins Broskie…..

Its not about the yards, its now about what you didn’t do or what you did, its about having more points then the other guys that want it just as much as you when it’s all over…