Pre Season Polls

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TheWinBar, Apr 28, 2011.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Underdog?

Try telling the guys of the 2007 & 2003 team they weren’t the best damn team in the nation.

2. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

really

best record in school history over 6 years

best record in SEC over 6 years - with Gators !

National Champs

Ole Miss - how do you get to Atlanta - oh yea I forgot I am not to ask
    a Ole piss that question

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Let's try some reading comprehension. I said the underdog mentality among our fans, not the mindset of the team.

Florida '08: That team killed their remaining competition and never looked back after Ole Miss.
    Auburn '10: Bama is the only team that had a real shot at beating them after their early season struggles (maybe throw Arky in there, too). People can say "LSU came within one score" until the cows come home, but Auburn dominated the 2nd half and 4th quarter, especially.

The one thing those teams had in common is once it all came together and clicked during the season, they played their best football and never looked back. The last time LSU did that was '06. Was LSU playing the best football at the end of '07, or was Georgia? LSU got in on its resume and an SECC. This goes to my point about the role of luck in an NC run, and how it's better to create your own than cross your fingers that voters give you enough brownie points.

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

If you're arguing a dominant W-L record, you won't get an argument from me, see the boxing analogy. I'm talking about dominating teams during games, which LSU does struggle with, and how that affects the chances of an NC run during a given year.

I swear, some of you people really need to take off the P&G glasses sometimes before hitting the Reply button:
    Pedobear | The History Of Pedobear

5. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

USC was considered dominate and even they stumbled and had to come back from behind to when some close games against "lesser" talent. Its football, anything can happen. To me a good team will always find a way to when things look bad.

6. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Double post :dis:

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The other team wants to win too.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I didnt know winning the SEC in 2007 consisted of luck.. Again, go tell the 2007 team that and get back with me.....

9. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

sorry

I really am

couldn't help myself:champs::champs::champs:

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Did you forget to look at where the BCS] National Championship game was being played this season?

Pray LSU doesn't make it. :D :geauxtige Regardless the SEC is undefeated in the BCS National Championship game. Gonna stay that way too :D