Preason rankings already? LSU #11

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JoeReckless, Feb 7, 2005.

1. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Amen to that sir! Major rep points to you if I were able! [​IMG] Once I get a job and some extra money, I'm signing up! It sucks being a poor college student! [​IMG] LOL .. But to stay on topic, I think Les Miles was a great hire for our program. The one thing I hated about Coach Saban was that it SEEMED he was never too "happy" being at LSU. Maybe it was just his class and professionalism that made it seem that way, but who knows? On the other hand, Coach Miles seems to be VERY HAPPY here, and you HAVE to admire his enthusiasm! Though, I wonder how he feels about that "let 'er rip" persona that's inevitably been imposed upon him?

2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

i think something significant to look at here is that LSU now has the clout to take another major school's HEAD COACH, not just some low level head coach or assistant... only elite schools can make that kind of move.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I just made you a contributor. Happy Mardi Gras.

4. kjntiger

kjntiger Founding Member

getting back to the preseason ranking for a minute, didn't we start at 13th in 2003?

5. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

Our SOS should be pretty strong. We play 4 teams in the top 19(Tenn., UF, Auburn & Zona St.) & Bama, Ole Piss, Arkansas & even N. Texas will help our SOS. We've just got to do our part and win games.

6. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

i hate to change the direction of the thread, but how about the actual rankings?

Texas has to go:
    TO Ohio State,
    TO Missouri,
    VS Oklahoma (who will have a drop off, but since this isn't a BCS title game, should win AGAIN),
    TO Oklahoma State,
    TO Texas A&M. . .

With only one NFL quality RB (Selvin Young) who's always injured, and the incredible loss of D. Johnson on defense, V. Young will have his "heisman hopeful" hands full.

If they finish 8-3, it'll be a good year. Just a year removed from West Virginia getting a top 10 ranking to start the year, just because they had an "easy" Big East schedule, why does Texas get the love?

7. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

\

Not at all. Entire OL back, RB core, many back on defense (and I think Pollack is quite replaceable with Moses and others returning on DL).....

Top 10 at the worst, IMO.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

only two of those should be tough (Ohio St and T A&M), and most teams have at least two tough road games.

9. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Wow, and I thought Pat Forde actually knew what he was talking about.

Forget LSU at #11--which is ridiculous enough---but Va Tech even lower?

Tech has a nice schedule, much like LSU, and will be a good, experienced team next year. Adding Vick back into the mix can only make Randall that much better, IMO, due to the competition and such.

(Edit: My bad, as I thought Randall was back for another year. Still, sites that I do respect like CFN have Tech in the top five, so somebody is wa-a-y off here.)

10. Jericho

Jericho Freshman

LSU could be in the same shoes as auburn next year. They need to do away with pre-season rankings PERIOD. Maybe have the first poll after the 4th game. Preseason rankings make no sense.