Precursor for Hoops Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Sep 24, 2010.

1. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

With somewhat subdued fanfare, earlier this evening there was a little ceremony on campus to celebrate the ribbon cutting on the new PMAC Practice Facility that was finally formally shown to the public. This facility, which ended up costing over $13 million to build, is state of the art. Don't underestimate the value of such an investment on LSU sports (other than football) in terms of both player development and recruiting.

Basketball Practice Facility Ribbon-Cutting - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics

Also, as a interesting side note, when folks like Glen Davis, Rudy Macklin, Dale Brown and others flock to see it, you know there's some buzz over the state of LSU basketball. Other interesting tidbits: of course, there is high praise for Trent Johnson, who continues to win over LSU hoops faithful and alumni.

Moreover, when you look at who did attend the ceremony and tour, I was surprised to see none other than Randy Livingston sitting besides Macklin, Collis Temple and Daddy Dale. Livingston is now the Head coach of the Idaho Stampede (NBADL team). But, it says a lot that he came to the opening and remains connected to the program. Little ties to people like that in the NBA and NBADL is not lost on recruits. One can only hope Randy gets tired of Idaho cold and looks for a coaching gig with Trent some day, eh? :yelwink2:

1 person likes this.
  2. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Looking forward to the basketball season.
    First day of practice will be here real soon.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

First game is about a month and a half away. I can't wait. I'll be up there going crazy in the cheap seats.

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

i'm still in football mode right now, nothing else -- not even baseball -- can bring me down from this high. at least not yet. hopefully by next season we will see some improvement and i may change my stance on LSU basketball. i support them, but i'm not much of a hoops fan -- especially when it's not particularly entertaining to watch.

5. Tigers Paw

For me LSU football is 1 and LSU basketball is 1a.

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

for me baseball is 1, football is 2, and basketball is possibly 4 -- sometimes LSU T&F is 3.

7. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I hope Trent can get things turned around soon. We're gonna have to settle in for another very long season this year with Spencer off the team and Ross-Miller ineligible.

8. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Spencer was a team cancer/headcase.

Stringer and Derenbecker are going to come in and score 15 apiece per game.

Malcom White will hold down the PF/C position. 10PPG/10RPG for this kid, no doubt.

Storm Warren will average close to the same.

Dennis Harris, Eddie Ludwig, and Garrett Green will round out the post capably. Dennis can play, he just has to put it together.

The question mark is at SG. Who will step up? Dotson? Turner?

We have a glut of forwards and are very shorthanded as far as who can play PG.

9. Tigers Paw

Look for Stringer to man the point. I look for this team to be competitive but being a young team will probably go through some growing pains.
    I think 8-8 in conference play will certainly be a reachable goal.

10. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

The bad news is that LSU was bad last year.

The good news is that the SEC conference is Kentucky, and everyone else.

There isn't an easier conference to rebuild in, so NIT has to be the goal for this year.