Predict the rest of the season.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigers Paw, Oct 24, 2010.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I'm pretty much right there with you. I think we will beat Ole Mess and NLU. Bama and Arky could go either way. I see us playing in a Nice New Year's Bowl game against a Big 10 team.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Les Miles is married to JJ, so fixing the problem is not an option at this point.

Lee should have been given the job for the McNeese game and been allowed to throw it 30 times, prepping him for the Auburn game.

That obviously didn't happen and Lee looked the part of a QB who just doesn't get enough reps. And now there is no fixing it. Point of no return syndrome.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Even then I wouldn't be confident anything would change. We just don't have the talent at QB right now to be a downfield threat even if any one QB got a majority of the reps. More of a lack of talent syndrome IMO.

4. I Like Mike

I Like Mike Geaux Tigers!

The Tide secondary may be better than Auburn's, but the Tide DL is way worse. Alabama is near the bottom of the SEC in sacks and tackles for loss. I think our QB's will have a lot more time to throw than was the case at Auburn.

I also believe our defense matches up well with Alabama's offense. We have the ability to load the box and force the Tide to throw...a recipe that makes Alabama's ground game ineffective and puts the game on McElroy's shoulder's.

I really like LSU's chance's in this game, especially in Tiger Stadium. Our toughest remaining game is actually Arkansas. If the Piggies score more than 24 points, that's a loss IMO.

I've got us finishing 10-2, and maybe 11-2 depending on the bowl matchup.

:tigereye:

5. dudley

dudley oops!

That's about my guess too.

6. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

So what's your projection on our remaining games and season record? We're already one diminsional our backs won't do much if we can't move the ball. Think we have a chance?

7. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I don't agree with you. .... at all.

I think Lee has the passing talent to do something, but he simply is not allowed to get in a rhythm. GC calls all the wrong plays at the wrong time, and keeps everyone on the field off balance ... except the opposing defense.

I'll say this, you will see Lee on Sundays waaaaay before you'll see JJ.

islstl is correct. Lee should have been made starter against McNeese and allowed to air it out. BUT ... confirming what we saw this past weekend, dumb A55 GC thought he could beat AU with a running game. Hence, all we did was run against McNees.

sometimes I wonder ... sometimes I'm sure .....

8. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

That sounds about right. Ole Miss shouldn't be a problem, but Tennessee shouldn't have been either.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I wish it were that simple but both QBs are a long way from any football on Sunday's. As we have seen this year Lee averages about 15 passes a game so far this season and he threw 14 during the McNeese game. Should he get more? Sure but he has not shown he is a great talent on the field up to this point or the previous two years of his career on the field. Are we supposed to air it out 30 times a game vs McNeese? Not reality, wishful thinking more than anything.

I have pointed out my issues with the play calling myself so no argument there. But that is the play calling we have had for 3 years and something we have to live with. Sunk cost in the equation...

We haven't seen anything close to a consistent downfield passing attack this year or last by any QB so hard to really make a judgement on something that hasn't existed up to this point.

I hope more than anything a passing threat magically appears and the offense starts clicking.

10. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

I still say we should finish the regular season 10-2. That's where I started, and I'm sticking with it. At the beginning of the year I thought we would lose to Florida and Alabama. Instead, it turned out that Auburn was tougher than I thought and Florida was easier.

The last loss of the year? Not sure. Could be Bama, though I believe the Tigers will win that one. That leaves OLE Miss and Arkie. I'm not sure I feel good about Arkie as it is an away, but either of the last two could be better than I expect. You never know about Nutt. The man seems to me to be on a wavelength of his own and you just can't trust him to do what you expect. (Sort of like CLM, I guess, but still on a different wavelength.)

I think we'll win whatever bowl game we get. Would be nice to get Sugar!