Predict the rest of the season.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigers Paw, Oct 24, 2010.

1. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Hey look everyone, Captain Hindsight is here! (South Park)

2 people like this.
  2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

If Jefferson continues to start and/or get the majority of snaps...9-4.

If Lee starts and/or gets the opportunity Jefferson has received (but not earned)...10-3 or maybe 11-2.

Hopefully we'll get lucky like Auburn did and find a QB who can win (immediately) next year...or...give Lee an opportunity the rest of the season to prepare him for next year.

If we continue at this pace and repeat this again next year with JJ...we can expect the same results. We've had "good" seasons with JJ but we're nowhere near our potential with him at QB.

3. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I actually agree with Izzy on that, but I'll give you props for the South Park reference.

4. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

AL - L
    ULM - W
    Ole Miss - W
    ARK - L

9-3 regular season.

We win a bowl game 10-3 record and Finish #12-14 in the nation. Miles stays.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Here's the main disconnect I have with some of the Tiger fans. We are 7-1, whether we got there pretty or not it is our record. Could or should we be 6-2, probably, but we aren't. Despite all the short comings this team has on O CLM has managed to get this team to 7-1. Yes, CLM, the coaches, and this team have managed to get to 7-1. Not the players alone, not one certain area of the coaching staff, but the entire coaching staff and team. With our only loss coming to the best team in the SEC and one of the best in the country, in their house.

Now we lost by 7, although it could have been worse, but it wasn't it was by 7. What if the game went a little different? What if it had ended 42-35, with the stats staying pretty much the same, but instead of the D keeping AU out of the endzone AU scored, and our O managed to score the 35. We still would have lost by 7, but our O would have shown they can score. Would the opinion be different? Would some still think that this team will lose 3-4 games? I don't know, and I'm not saying we won't, but to declare with conviction that we not only won't win out or possibly 3 of the 4. To make the absolute prediction that this team will finish 8-4 to 9-3, at best, I just don't get.

I know it is just a prediction, but some are so convinced that this team can't win certain games, and I don't understand why. It isn't like Bama, Ark, or Ole Miss have played at such a dominant level that it is impossible for us to win those games. Not saying we will, but I don't get the already defeated attitude of some. There is a reason they play the game, and on any given Sat anybody can win. We have just as much chance of winning out as we do laying a goose egg for the rest of the season. As a fan I just don't think chosing the negative road to support is the best means of supporting the team. :geaux:

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It seems fairly simple. We will have 8 wins after ULM. We can finish with 9, 10, or 11 depending on how we win out.

I think our chances of winning all three is about 20%.

2 out of three is about 60%

Zero for three is about 20%.

10-2.