Predictably, a Republican candidate assaults a reporter

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, May 25, 2017.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Says the Foxophile. That's hilarious.

Give me an example of what you call "bias"? The fact that some networks reported that Trump divulged highly classified intelligence to the Russians? That sort of bias?

This Gianforte fellow was caught on tape supporting this new Republican bill for Trumpcare, without waiting for a CBO score. The Guardian reporter asked a very fair question about that CBO score and got attacked for it by the GOP candidate apparently unable to rationally defend his position. That sort of bias?

WTF are you talking about?

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I quoted you the Harvard study on media bias. Overwhelmingly left leaning.

You will ignore it like you do all facts posted.

Carry on.

3. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

If you read my post I didn't question whether the dude did or didn't manhandle the reporter, only that people question the news. That fact that you don't know that their is bias in the news is part of the problem. Objective people can easily compare the news from Obamas first 100 days to trumps or even to gwb and see the difference.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  4. Rex

Rex Founding Member

That's your own biased interpretation of the Harvard study, which never concluded media bias. What is shows is that media coverage of the Trump Administration has been overwhelmingly negative.... which only demonstrates their HONESTY. This Administration has been a shit show.

5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Let's see... I don't recall Obama or GWB having to fire their NSA directors just days into their tenures, or their Attorney Generals committing perjury to Congress, or themselves leaking classified information to Russian dignitaries, or lying about their predecessors having their phones tapped, or firing their FBI directors for themselves being under investigation, ......

WHAT THE FUCK do you expect when every day seems to bring a new bombshell of despicable behavior from this Administration? Milk and cookies? Elect a clown and expect a circus.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

No I quoted another as well on their polling of journalist. Next to no journalist identify as Republican. It has been this way for a very long time.

7. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Trump news articles day 1
    https://www.google.com/search?cf=al...20/2017,cd_max:1/20/2017&tbm=nws&q=news+trump
    Obama news articles day 1
    https://www.google.com/search?cf=al...,cd_min:1/20/2009,cd_max:1/20/2009&authuser=0
    GWB news articles day 1
    https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&...on+1/20/2001&hl=en&gl=us&as_drrb=b&authuser=0
    you can have your opinion but it does not change the facts. and yes i can agree with you that much of teh bad press is trumps own doing but he and obama were treated differently from the very first day.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Facts @Rex facts son. MSNBC one of your own reported that the great majority of the votes were cast by mail BEFORE the incident. It was mathematically impossible (borrowing a phrase from @Tiger in NC) for it to impact the outcome.
    What he did was wrong and deserves censure. However I hope you heard his apology delivered in his victory speech. He was very contrite and took responsibility. I watched it on Morning Joe and all who listened thought it honest.
    I think it will be interesting to see who gives him the benefit of a confession and who relishes continuing the inquisition. I can easily imagine what side you'll be on but you never let facts get in the way of a good story do you?

9. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

You should really talk to Pride about his use of the mathematical slur toward me. This is a very subtle usage and one that I can appreciate and get a chuckle out of. Nicely done, Winston.

One thing about the American public. They will forgive most anything if you give a contrite apology. Slick Willy is living proof. This guy in Montana lost his cool. I have a bad temper so I can't really hold it against him. I agree that his apology was sincere and that he felt remorseful. He probably realized he had really fucked up about five minutes after it happened. I wonder if he phoned Mr. Jacobs personally?

10. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Maybe, but here's what was already in Gianforte's record.... the shit Montanans voted for:

"There's nothing in the Bible that talks about retirement. And yet it's been an accepted concept in our culture today. Nowhere does it say, 'Well, he was a good and faithful servant, so he went to the beach... The example I think of is Noah. How old was Noah when he built the ark? 600. He wasn't like, cashing Social Security checks, he wasn't hanging out, he was working. So, I think we have an obligation to work. The role we have in work may change over time, but the concept of retirement is not biblical."