Predictions for A&M

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 30, 2019.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

ok sure, Tap, dominating the season, winning a National Championship, that don't prove nothin

with the coaching changes, so many Tigers graduating to the NFL, the covid upheaval, and even more players opting out,.. if LSU has a good season while breaking in a new QB,.. you'll hafta give Ogre the credit then won't ya?

you predicted doom and gloom when he was hired, hasn't been so,.. and you're angry about that,.. I'm not against ya, Tap, but it seems like you care more about being right, than you care about LSU

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's the way the spell it in the books at Joe's School of Bartending, Cosmetology and Law

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I like the fact that in 2019 we had the best team in the history of College Football!

I also like that you were MIA for most of it.

4. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

LSU invested more money, a lot more money, than it ever had before. They hired a "Yes Man", easily controlled. A coach that has no Offense or Defensive philosophy. He is a Simple Jack Dline coach. That's it no more. Ask anyone even around the LSU football Program. ( None post here, except me & I've been out for quite awhile, but still have many very real contacts, in the LSU AD). They ALL know exactly what "Coach O" is.

How did he do in his first outing as a hc? He lost to Troy in Tiger Stadium & got destroyed by Mississipi State. Loss to State was the worst in LSU history. After that, it was pretty public, but. Orgeron had failed & was tolk by BOS & AD to let go of the Offensive reigns or he would be fired, no ifs ands or buts, did I fail in my prognostigation of Orgeron? Look at what happened, look at the results when he was in charge, the answer is clearly NO.

I'm not angry anymore about the choice of an Ole Miss failure as head coach. I've accepted it for what it is. Yes, I take shots at him, because he's in a ridiculous position as a pom pom girl/cheerleader.

LSU now lives & dies by the OCs & DCs that are picked & hired by the LSU BOS right now. Oeaux just claps & 'croots, that's it. Oh, he likes Photo Ops with an unpopular Governor too.

I worked at LSU & do care a helluva lot more about the team on the field, than I do for some Figurehead coach. I tried to give credit to Dave Aranda, Jorge Munoz & Corey Raymond many, many times, guess what happened when I did? "You hate LSU cause youvdon't love Oeaux! *tears* Your a Bama/ Texas A&M/Florida fan! Bunch of fucking Ninnys.

Nobody here whill believe any of this. And I don't care if they do or don't. They are like asking a Frenchman to be a tour guide in Argentina.

And who knows, maybe Pelini & Linehan will find success here. ( I also had quite a few nice things to say about Pelini)

unclenick, Perple and GiantDuckFan like this.
  5. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Pelini has been successful here and Linehan will be successful... massively successful running this offense with Slinger.

6. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Ok. Just interesting that Linehan got Fired!! with so much success.

Pelini was great here & pretty damn good at Nebraska. I'm looking forward to see him coach again.

unclenick likes this.
  7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

and all of this is the frustrating part with you. much of what you say is so... for all coaches. how much credit does les reaaaaaalllly get for 2007? any coordinator credit percentage guesses? geez... I wonder how many coaches tenure depend on their coordinators’ success?

there were several people dubious of Ed’s hiring here, as well. Go back and look through some of the threads.... then take a look through some of the sunshine pumpers vs the Les must go threads.

your beef is exactly what? les was fired or ed got the job? not enough people support your position? either way, it really happened and isn’t going to change soon. in the interim, ed has a N.C. ring just like the one clm wears.....
    except the figurehead’s ring has 15-0 inscribed on it.....
    everyone should be glad about that...

8. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Why should everyone "Be glad"? No Brady. No Munoz & too many players left, unlike at Bama. The OL coach is not good. Burrow threw so quickly under Brady, OL barely set when the ball was in the air. You'll see the real OL this year. Most media & sports people are running the hell away from LSU, they know Orgeron's coaches are going to try to duplicate Joe Brady success, but will fail. This means more 2017 & 2018 type Offense.

As for the Miles/Orgeron comparison, there is none. Miles was an NFL Tigh End coodinator for the Dallas Cowboys, Orgeron is a position coach. Those 2 TDs to TE Richard Dickson in the NC, were all Miles.

unclenick likes this.
  9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

eggzackly

shane0911 likes this.
  10. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Yeah I get it. Every LSU coach who leaves or gets Fired!! sucks. And the Hefty new guy will always be better. This is partially why LSU will never have Bama's success.

unclenick and Perple like this.