Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxscott, Oct 25, 2002.

1. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Although I believe our Tigers will keep on rolling, I can't help but be worried about a slip. We are so used to not being able to take it to that "next level", that its hard to believe that we might actually be there.
    LSU is still getting no respect even though we have knocked off every obstacle since Va. Tech. Our average margin of victory has been 28 points in the past 6 games, and some of those were over no cupcakes.
    I feel that LSU falling behind early vs USC was very important in showing us how well Saban has taught these guys how to deal with adversity and success. LSU will continue to impress and gain a more respect.

LSU 30
    AU 10

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

We haven't been getting noticed because the media seems to be in love with Notre Dame. I think it is a blessing to be coming in under the radar. The distractions are much less without all the attention plus it allows us to impress people with play on the field and not with a bunch of hype.

Pediction:

LSU 24
    AU 14

3. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

geauxscott, I tend to agree. I think the primary obstacle this week will be the team's focus. South Carolina stunned us a bit with that early TD pass, and it took a little wind out of our sails. Once the defense settled down and Randall settled in, we were clearly the better team. I believe the same will hold true this week. While I don't see us getting beat on an early long ball this week, I do think it will take a few series until Randall settles in and adjusts to the hostile crowd. Once that occurs, the disparity in talent and coaching will clearly shine through. I like the team to continue on Saban's march to Atlanta by winning convincingly, and I like your score of around 30-10.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I agree, BB. It's a double edged sword. A top 7 or top 5 ranking would be nice to look at every Monday but it just motivates the next opponent that much more. Let's keep going in there one game at a time and taking names. It's the final poll that counts. BTW, if ND beats the Seminoles, it would take an act of congress to keep the BCS powers that be from devising a way to get them into the top 2. Miami/OK should be more worried the ND will run the table than we. Let's take care of AU.

LSU 30
    AU 12

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I do think both FSU and ND are very good football teams but the pollsters seem to be infacuated with these teams whenever they do very well. I agree the Miami and OU have the most to lose by ND running the table because even if OU,Miami and ND went undefeated, you can bet that the pollsters will find a way to get ND into the title game. But for right now lets just worry about Auburn and winning the SEC West right now.

6. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

LSU TIGERS 31
    WAR PLAINS TIGER EAGLE MEN 17

7. CoopdeTiger

CoopdeTiger Freshman

LSU Fighting Tigers 27
    Auburn Tigers War Eagles Plainsmen Falcons Vikings Bulldogs
    Chargers Redskins Cougars 19

8. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

LSU should win. I'm just not convinced they will. Either way, I don't see anyone winning 30-10. I think Auburn will come in highly motivated and encouraged by their comeback against Florida, even when nothing was going right early in the game. Randall might have a harder time in a hostile environment than he did at home, especially if things don't go well early.

Going against the betting line...

Auburn 22
    LSU 19

9. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Defense alone gives us 13 points. Add the 17 that the offense puts up and we win:

LSU 30
    AU 10

Corbello goes 3-4 baby!

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Big game for DD and Clayton. Webster has another pick for a TD. Campbell starts and plays well (2 TDs, 2 Ints but over 250 yds) for AU but we shut down their running game. 10-7 LSU at half.

Tigers - 31
    Plain War Tiger Eagle Give a Dog a Bone Men - 21