Pregnant Drug Users

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Yes, I'm aware of that but the states, counties or cities still have to pay for it whether they run the prisons themselves or contract it out. It doesn't benefit the government to throw people in jail other than keeping lawbreakers off the streets. If nobody broke the law there would be no need for prisons and billions of dollars would be freed for something better.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Its interesting that your reference is Michael Snyder:

Michael T. Snyder is a fundamentalist Christian crank who has started numerous blogs as a testament to his raging insane belief that the world is about to end. He started with The Economic Collapse Blog in 2007, with constant articles stating how the world is going to hell every single day since the meltdown started in 2007. It seems as though Snyder blames the government for every ill in the world, because without it everything would be great.

Like most doom-sayers, it doesn't seem to faze Snyder one bit that every one of his past predictions of economic collapse were dead wrong. This horrendous track record would cause most people to reevaluate their beliefs in the effort to one day be right. Yet, he simply refuses to even address or acknowledge that he has been wrongthousands of times, especially if you count each numbered item of his massive lists. He seems to have explosive diarrhea of the mind that no amount of logic can slow or stop.

red55 likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Ahhhh but it does benefit the politicians, you don't think the lobbyists for private prisons fund campaigns?

4. LaSalleAve

When you are right you are right though, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So do criminals. Al Capone was a big contributor to Chicago Democrat politicians

6. LaSalleAve

You're making my point.

7. LaSalleAve

Back to the topic though, your daughter gets mixed up with the wrong crowd because you and your wife or husband however you roll either way is perfectly fine, have to work 50 and 60 hours a week to get by. She starts on drugs and gets pregnant.

1. She is going to be deathly afraid.
    2. She will probably seek a way to get an abortion.
    3. If in the south it's hard to find a place that will do that. She will be slut shamed, bible thumpers calling her a murderer, etc, you as parents find out and maybe you values don't allow her to get an abortion.

4. She has the baby and it's got meth in its system because in her mind the only thing taking the pressure and stress away is meth.

And our answer is to lock her up and throw away the key?

When did we revert to modern day barbarism? This country is so fucking holier than thou it's repulsive. What about this meth baby now? It's not a fetus anymore republicans don't want to save it. It's maddening.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

What will happen to the meth baby? He/she probably won't be much better off with the members of the family, in all likelihood.

A former co-worker adopted a meth baby. He's actually 12 or 13 now, around the same age as my older daughter. He has had a medley of mental problems stemming from all of the drugs his crack ho mom was taking while she was pregnant with him. As a teacher, I've seen this in many an adopted child.

I'm not sure whether or not jail is the answer, but she probably doesn't need to be raising that baby, either.

gyver, LaSalleAve and shane0911 like this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

See, this is how I roll. I and my wife (currently) do our best to instill values and discipline and moral judgement that empower her to have the judgement to not get involved with the wrong crowd in the first place.

She would also know at a very early age that drugs are just bad and she should not do them. Yes I know pot is harmless and I really don't care much about it. In fact our 18 yr old just told us a couple weeks ago that he has been sparking up now and again. He has a good head on his shoulders, doesn't drink and drive (that I know of and he knows his car is mine if I find out he is) and there wasn't much said about it other than that.

If she does make a poor choice and gets pregnant, well... then I guess we are having a baby. Simple as that. My kids will never be afraid to tell me anything. It is part of my job as a parent to make sure that I AM THE ONE THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO COME TO WITH ANYTHING!!!!

The baby won't have meth in its system because meth use is pretty easy to spot. That shit would be curbed quickly. You see it isn't all that hard to pay the fuck attention to your kids regardless of how many hours you work.

Bottom line, if she did this to a baby that had absolutely zero choice as to what was being ingested into her system then 12.5 years isn't quite enough in my opinion. I'd lock the parents up to for being negligent in their duties.

You are a really cool dude and sometimes you surprise me with how smart you are but we will never be close on this subject. All you need to know about these drugs are that without them we would have all had Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, John Belushi, David Ruffin, Layne Staley, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Elvis, Keith Moon and a whole bunch of others just a little bit longer. I'm not saying they would still be here but shit, who wouldn't have loved to see what Hendrix could come up with next. Are you shitting me?

You can scream and bitch like a little temper tantrum throwing brat about how "it is their bodies" all you want. There just isn't an argument out there that will ever convince me that we should just look the other way when it comes to shit that will fucking kill you or your loved ones. Just that simple bruh.

10. LaSalleAve

And I would and am handling my daughter the same way. There have been many great parents who have had children that went down a bad path. There are also shitty parents who make it to where these young ones don't have a chance. Is that the child's fault? You know I talk a lot about a woman's right to choose, and I believe in that, but if I were involved I would do anything within my power to try and stop the abortion, especially if that child had my blood. But, if I couldn't get through, I'd still love and support the female that made the decision.

I just don't think people can say with utter surety that this or that is definitely going to happen to people in the future. You could be a perfect parent and certain circumstances could nullify all of that with some children.

My hope in all of this is that people are just willing to not judge so harshly and debate like we do here before coming to permanent conclusions.

StaceyO, shane0911 and LSUpride123 like this.