Prepare to be disgusted beyond belief

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Jetstorm, May 6, 2005.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Old picture,

[​IMG]

2. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

A new shock site called Forsake Our Troops is doing the rounds. It purports to be the homepage of an organization "dedicated to the notion that our nation's military is grossly overcompensated, at the expense of the American taxpayers." In actuality, it's just an attempt to be outrageous. Apparently it was created by a White Power activist called Michael Crook (according to the True or Better blog). Crook seems to have a history of doing things like this. Last year he created a fake group called Citizens Against the Troops. Seems like a charming fellow. Of course, this character could insist that he sincerely believes everything he's saying. But I would contend that he only sincerely wants to be obnoxious. (via Malkin Watch)
    Update: This is the same Michael Crooks who once claimed to find a soldier's digital camera at a football game and told the media that he would return it for a 'finder's fee' of $1000.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/permalink/phony_forsake_our_troops_site/

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm betting Rex would like to speak up in defense of the scumbag, but he doesn't have the balls.

I think I'll e mail Sean Hannity (a great American) and put him on Crook's ass.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Michael Crook contradicts himself, he has said that the troops couldn't make it in the
    real world so they go in the service.
    He says they are overpaid.

Then he says later that they should be a private force that is funded privately.
    They should also earn the wages of private companies.
    I know I read this in various articles and websites about him today!

Not exact words but that is it in a nutshell.

5. MarineTiger

http://www.wixt.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=84943B7C-660C-40BC-BEEA-D8D72CEA9814

6. MarineTiger

One last thing....I decided to venture over to his board and on one of his posts is this phrase in which he describes the reason for him deleting posts on his message board

Then tells everyone

:dis::dis::dis::dis:

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I dunno SF...you're getting pretty close to the age where I think the elderly should be subject to daily driver's license reviews...:rofl::hihi::thumb:

And guys going to NY -- PLEASE lay a beatdown on this fool and post the pictures here. There are probably more than a few of us that would pay Brett TOP DOLLAR to see those!!!

8. Rex

Rex Founding Member

WTF are you talking about? I'm about the only person on this board who RESPECTS our troops. I'm about the only person on this board who thinks they should have been told the truth before sent off to war. I'm about the only person on this board who thinks they should not have been put into harm's way until they were properly equipped. I'm about the only person on this board who thinks that if we were going to engage in this illegitimate war we should have at least done it with sufficient troops. I'm about the only person on this board who condemned our military leaders who left massive explosives bunkers unguarded in their political race to Baghdad... the stuff that is now being used against our troops. I'm about the only person on this board who respects the lives of our soldiers, that a war should only be fought when necessary, and not for revenge against an assassination attempt against Bush's father or for some crusade against Islam.

You, sir, are a disgusting cretin.

9. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Look at me i'm better than everyone else.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

nm