Preparing the team...?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rex C., Dec 7, 2011.

1. Rex C.

Rex C. member

How would you motivate the team if you were Les Miles?

I think I would play the "disrespect card", that the Tigers have been discounted in their win against Bama at home, that the ESPN talking heads gerrymandered this match up to take the team down, to give their precious mullets an undeserved chance to play spoiler to the Tigers hard work.

I would make it personal, a vendetta...but that's just me.
    PHP:

2. ASD

ASD ASD

I wonder about this too......I hope the players hear plenty of that on their own and the coaches can just get them prepared. Its the NC. There is a problem if they need a whole bunch of that from the coaches. I doubt they do.

3. Wildcard

Wildcard Veteran Member

Absolutely perfect.

The whole year the media has been telling them that Bama is better. Then even after beating them at home, Saban, the Bama players, fans all the way up to ESPN SILL said that Bama was the better team.

That LSU just had a better kicker. That Alabama won on the field. That Bama is still the better team.

So **** Saban and **** Bama. LSU has got to unleash hell on them and bury them.

4. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

I would play down the vendetta/us against the world angle. That leads to bad emotions if the team gets down. I doubt Les has done this at any point in the season. This is a business trip--they know how to win, they have beaten this team already, they know they need to get better, but they also know they need to keep their emotions in check and play to their talents. Notice during the slow starts against R-Kansas and UGA, the team never paniced--that's the key to this team.

I would play up the personal connection to history. I would have them touch the bronze plaque with the names of the players on the 58 team as they leave Baton Rouge. And I would tell them to go out an have fun and "Play for victory--that's what we do."

Seems to have worked so far this season.

GEAUX TIGERS

1 person likes this.
  5. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

I think I would just tell them to win big so I wouldn't have to coach so much. :)

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

destiny is not handed to you. you have to earn it.

the bigger the prize, the harder you have to work to achieve it.

that sort of thing. just a very simple message of focus and hard work. i have the feeling this team watches enough sports center to have a chip on their shoulder without the coaches having to put it there. i think this team has enough want on their own. the coaches simply need to help them focus and channel that emotion into a disciplined preparation and play.

7. Rex C.

Rex C. member

I guess Coach Miles is a better human being than me...

…because I would burn Saban in effigy in a tribal ritual at midnight on Jan 8th. Then on the afternoon of the big game, I would invite our players to a locker room fiesta where they would smack around a huge elephant piñata filled with red bull and diet rock star. Then I would allow an old, white-haired, southern professor (we'll call him “Colonel Sanders”) to personally insult each of our player's mommas while wearing a bama jersey and a hound’s-tooth bow-tie.

That’s how I’d motivate…but that's just me.

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I would just do what Bama does and tell the players that their game checks are on the line !!!

:grin:

9. ASD

ASD ASD

I do love your enthusiasm;) Think Les could bring you in before the game to be the motivational speaker? freaking out....screaming.....cursing, and lighting things on fire....lol.....hell yeah.....that would def loosen them up with laughter.........We're gonna kill BAMA!!!!......in a van down by the river!!!!

10. Rex C.

Rex C. member

I'd do it. I look just like Chris Farley and I actually live in a van down by the river!