pressure on punts

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by danthetigerfan, Sep 22, 2007.

1. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

Why LSU never tries to punt pressure on punts? Tigers are not a good punt return team so why not put pressure and force a bad punt. Tiger opponents have all the time in the word to make world class punts.

2. BamaBengalTiger

BamaBengalTiger Geaux Tigers !!!!!

I have wondered that a lot too. I mean, at least send one guy to put a little pressure instead of just standing around.

Special teams needs to get better without playing a lot of starters.

3. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

I have wondered also. We dont even try to return most punts. And with all the depth that we have we shouldnt have so many starters on special teams. I feel we need a new ST coach. Our current one is Peveto, the LB coach, and he has never impressed me on special teams.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

...but you've got to love South Carolina's pressure on punts. That guy with the "club" for an arm was getting pretty damn close multiple times. ...which leads me to wonder: NO WAY was his arm actually THAT long (that pad extended a good 3 inches off his hand!) and secondly, if your hand is broken, requiring a wrap job like that, WHO, in their right mind, would lead with that arm to block a punt???? Seems to me that if it were hurting THAT bad to be taped up, then he would have been in tears when he deflected Fisher's punt in the 1st half.... :confused:

5. edyel

edyel edyel

Visorboy cheats,plain and simple.