Pretty heated debate going on at Volnation on Miles v. Saban

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Atreus21, Sep 25, 2007.

1. khounba

khounba Founding Member

:thumb:

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

One thing is pretty clear for Miles and his haters:

He really needs to win the SEC this year. Whether that is fair or not, it is probably the case. Or at least have a competitive showing there anyways.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Records and rankings matter, but BCS bowls & championships matter most. Top 5 finishes are nice, but we don't get a trophy for that. Eleven win seasons are great, but there's no trophies for that either.

When it's all said & done, we can compare records & rankings, but it comes down to who has the most hardware in their trophy case.

As of right now, Miles only has one SEC West championship. He has a fantastic overall record (4 losses all to teams ranking 13th or higher), plus two top 5 finishes & a big Sugar Bowl win. More championships will come, and when they do Miles will get more respect.

I could care less where people rank our head coach, so long as they rank our team near the top.

1 person likes this.
  4. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

Agreed. Its about where the program is at and where its going.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

whats with all this "SEC West championship" crap? there's no such thing. that's worse than auburn claiming an SEC title in 88 because of the tied record. its like putting up a banner in the pmac for getting a spot in the NIT.

"winning" the secw isnt a championship, just a chance to win the SEC.

6. khounba

khounba Founding Member

So the head coach is only a figure head and has nothing to do with this?

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

No, but the speculative ranking of our head coach has nothing to do with this.

8. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

It has everything to do with it.
    But I'm an LSU fan. Not a Obsessed with head coaches fan.I guess if We were Tenn fans then we would have a reason to be comparing coaches. If it ain't broke don't worry about it.
    Does it really matter what you and I think?I'll make comparisons after we play.:geauxtige

9. khounba

khounba Founding Member

True. But we play Tulane this week. Give us a break.

10. Morton

Morton Founding Member

I don't understand why these people keep saying LSU was the most talented team of the modern era. Yes we were talented, but if you pay attention to recruiting, over the last 5 years Georgia and Florida have recruited better then LSU. The talent level here is no different then Florida, Tenn., Auburn, or Georgia. This is just an excuse to give themselves validation that Miles may not be a good coach.

It's just sad that no one will consider Miles a good, not great, coach unless he blows out everyone on his schedule and wins the SEC and National championships.

The truth is last year was an excellent season, LSU played 4 top ten teams on the road and came away 2-2. Just what is wrong with that? oh yeah, the talent LSU had was the greatest talent in college football history... :dis: