Pretty heated debate going on at Volnation on Miles v. Saban

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Atreus21, Sep 25, 2007.

1. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

I think, in your haste to post, you missed the relevant parts, so I've bolded them for you:

Craig, when it comes to the national media, NC's count the most but shouldn't. I can name several coaches with a NC that most would not consider top 5 coaching material...Carr, Coker, and Fulmer. A criteria in which an immense amount of luck is needed to attain(NC) should not be heavily used to measure a coaches worth, but it is. Now if we reach some sort of playoff system, my argument is somewhat moot.

Let me ask you this, if just one team (ranked above us in 03') doesn't lose a late season game, Saban is without a NC. Do you then put Richt above him? The luck bestowed upon us that year had nothing to do with Saban's coaching skills.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

after seeing that other thread, it may be just where he wants it.

2 people like this.
  3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

:rofl:

1 person likes this.
  4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I'm sure Les sends out a 'Thank You' card to Nick after each Bowl win, but just because you have a talented team doesn't mean that it wins automatically. Just ask any Miami HC that coached there the last decade when they cranked out more NFL talent than anyone, yet have hardly any hardware to show for it.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I don't know why I keep losing links. Can someone post the link to where, after we won the SEC in '01, Saban said DiNardo had really won since he recruited most of the talent? Davey, Reed, Royal, Myers, Toefield, Davis, etc, etc. He did say that, right?

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I'm not saying it didn't happen...but it would be a SHOCKING revelation to me. Absolutely shocking. Like this---->:eek: :eek: :eek:

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

After reading your post, my first inclination was to bash you for poor comprehension skills. After giving it some thought, I've decided to give you the benefit of the doubt and treat it as a simple misunderstanding.

When I said we were bestowed with luck that had nothing to do with Saban's coaching skills, I was simply referring to the teams above us that we were hoping would lose in order for us to move up in the polls. That's not taking away anything from Saban, but you must agree that other teams losing is totally out of his hands.

8. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

Post of the year, that.