Pro Day

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FortWorthTiger, Mar 9, 2005.

1. FortWorthTiger

FortWorthTiger Founding Member

I saw on NFL.com that LSU is hosting a Pro day today. Anybody have details or hear anything?

2. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

Nothing at all? anyone?

3. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

4. NinthWardTiger

NinthWardTiger Freshman

5. Mystikalilusion

Good article. . .

Title is kind of misleading though:
    LSU's Daniels getting up to speed for scouts

Based on his NFL Combine 10 Wonderlic score, I would have thought the article would have been about his struggle to read "Run Spot Run, See Spot Run" or perhaps the preparation that he had to put in regarding the classes he had to take to be able to sign his own name on his contract.

Or maybe he was struggling to understand the scouts when they were talking about Rounds 1-7 and where he may get drafted. All those numbers. . .

6. Mystikalilusion

Not hate. . stone cold facts. .

The best possible score on the Wonderlic is a 50. The lowest is a zero. A score of 20 is consistent with an IQ of about 100, while a 10 means the player can be generously described as "mostly literate." If you understand the theory of the Bell Curve, you'll understand why a 19 Wonderlic score isn't a 95 IQ, 18 does not equal 90, 10 does not equal 50, etc.... A score of 10 would be roughly equal to an IQ of 70...moderately retarded.

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Of course that doesn't mean jack because Dan Marino owns every passing record worth anything and he scored a 13.

8. Mystikalilusion

At no point in my point did I take a dig at TD's football ability. He'll be a starter in the NFL for some time to come (and be twice the corner Webster is, but i regress).

Adrian McPherson scored a 28 and I think he's spent more time in jail, court or Canada in the last year, than most of us spend at home and work combined.

I'm just saying TD had a chance at LSU to upgrade his mental capabilities and instead, leaves "moderately retarded."

But then again, Shaq obtained a degree from LSU in "crayon biology" and look at how well that turned out for him. :hihi:

Not only did LSU players work out here, but they will again on March 31. A dozen teams were represented there. Notable scouts in attendance were New Orleans' Rick Thompson and the Giants' Jeremiah Davis.

Also of note, three of LSU's players -- DE Marcus Spears, CB Corey Webster and OL Ben Wilkerson -- did not work out citing injuries. They may give it a go on March 31.
    PlayerPositionGil's commentsTravis DanielsSDaniels (6-0½, 192) ran his 40s for times of 4.57 and 4.55. He had a 37-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-2 long jump, a 4.07 short shuttle and a 6.86 in the three-cone drill. Marcus RandallRandall is an interesting case. He's probably one of the best athletes of the draft, but he's not being looked at as a quarterback even though he was the MVP of the Tigers' bowl game this year. He stood in at 6-1 5/8 and weighed 229 pounds. He ran 4.59 and 4.60 in the 40, had a 36-inch vertical, a 9-foot-3 long jump, a 4.21 short shuttle, a 6.92 in the three-cone drill and 14 strength reps. Lionel TurnerLBTurner (6-0 7/8, 260) ran his 40s for times of 4.91 and 4.98. He had a 31½-inch vertical, a 9-foot-5 long jump, a 4.66 in the short shuttle, a 7.40 in the three-cone drill, and didn't do any reps, citing a shoulder injury.

9. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

That info from NFL.com contradicts what the TP article said about Daniels' time. I would tend to trust the TP article, especially since the NFL.com info said "Randall was the MVP of the Tigers' bowl game."

"Randall is an interesting case. He's probably one of the best athletes of the draft, but he's not being looked at as a quarterback even though he was the MVP of the Tigers' bowl game this year. He stood in at 6-1 5/8 and weighed 229 pounds. He ran 4.59 and 4.60 in the 40, had a 36-inch vertical, a 9-foot-3 long jump, a 4.21 short shuttle, a 6.92 in the three-cone drill and 14 strength reps."

10. Mystikalilusion

What TP article?

Are you talking about his Combine times or the NFL Pro Day times from yesterday (which is posted above).