Probe alleges Les Miles paid off to make sexual harassment go away

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Brian, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

these stories are only interesting to the extent they affect sports.

horrifying crime happens every day, its not more juicy and gossipy fun for it having been les miles years ago. les does what he does in his personal life. now that he is fired and not drawing up stone age offense in baton rouge its a non-issue

KyleK, furduknfish and shane0911 like this.
  2. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

Uh ohhh...cue Tap any minute

Bengal B and shane0911 like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'd be surprised

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Ya'll ran him off. Typical democrats. If you don't agree with me, I will drive you out.

5. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

you kid, but it's typical of repuglicans too,.. 3 moderates is all you see in FSA, the right wing rads have driving away everyone else

Rolan likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

"Ya'll" didn't do a damn thing. Especially if you mean me! That prick took shots at me at will. Can't blame me bro!

Someone else called him on his bullshit and I guess when he realized that everyone does in fact consider him a fool he packed up and left.

Look at how enjoyable the board has been since, zero discord

7. Brian

Brian Founding Member

19 minutes mark Jordy Culotta suggests this was a well-known aspect of Les Miles the man and his family man image was just spin by LSU.

Why does this stuff matter someone asked..?

The head coach at LSU hitting on students and subordinates and paying them off given our pending Title IX issues seems significant and potentially impacting.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

how will it matter specifically? who will file a complaint? the girl who was paid off? why is anyone motivated to speak on the record about this to anyone?

9. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Public image of the university?

Lack of institutional control the most scary penalty there is in collegiate sports..?

Are you seriously Gucci with that going on if it's true? Dude was head coach during the Guice stuff. Think this won't come into play if anything is uncovered? Baffled at your stance.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i am definitely fine with it going on. some girl said les miles hit on her. so what? am i supposed to feel bad for her? i dont even necessarily believe her.

if i felt bad for victims i would never get out of bed in the morning because there are murders near my house near LSU and downtown every week. yunno, real crimes. people need to toughen up. some goofy codger telling you that you have nice tits or whatever, is a pretty damn minor event.

it doesnt make a victim more sympathy-worthy if the accuser is famous. what makes crime bad is the severity of the actual crime.

as for public image of the uni, not sure i care about that either.

i doubt anything comes of this. a girl got paid off. presumably part of being paid off means she keeps quiet.

i would like to hear an educated opinion on the odds this costs the sports program anything, and then maybe its worth caring about.