Programs coming back?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TheDude, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Actually, I'm amazed the Hawkeyes aren't ranked in the Fulmer Cup standings. We've had 14 arrests in the last year... 17 players who should be on this spring's roster are gone from the team.
    Not really sure I can put my finger on the problem, but part of it was a rather large clique of players (8 or so) who formed the BOYZ club and set about on some stolen credit card miscues, followed by some dorm room drug raids, a couple of rape charges. They are now all gone.
    When Drew Tate graduated, he made reference to "some players doing their own thing"... Ryan Bain, a 4 star who transferred to Akron, said the other day that (with all the dismissals) maybe the Hawkeyes have solved some pretty serious internal problems.
    Maybe we now have a group of guys that want to play Hawkeye football. We will certainly be formidable on defense.
    This will be KF's year to show us things are back to normal. If not, the fire could get cold quick.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Wow, didn't realize the Hawkeyes had gone through so much turmoil.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Texas is no where near being down and they have nothing to come back from. They're in contention just about every year, they're two years removed from a BCS title and they average 10 to 11 wins a year. They don't fit the parameters of the original post by any stretch.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

IMO, a program doesn't need to comeback when they have bee n as good as Texas has been the past 5 years. To me, when we are talking about programs coming back to what they once were we're talking about the Notre Dames(even though they did play in a BCS game 2 years ago), Nebraska, FSU, Miami; even a Washington, Penn St, Colorado, Iowa, etc. could be included in my humble opinion. Only a Bama or USC fan would consider their program to be way off after consecutive 10-3 seasons.