Projected BCS fallout

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 23, 2007.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Current up to the minute

1. Kansas
    2. WVU
    3. Missouri
    4. Ohio State
    5. LSU
    6. Georgia
    7. Virginia Tech
    8. USC
    9. Oregon
    10. Oklahoma
    11. Florida
    12. Boston College

I believe the Kansas/Missouri loser will fall below LSU, thus dropping us to only #4.

LSU's chances at the NC are in UConn's hands now. Sadly. But if Arkansas can do it, so can they. Go Huskies!

We may need Virginia Tech to lose as well, a big lopsided win over Virginia and they may jump LSU in the BCS. Virginia Tech also has the ACC CG to play if they beat Virginia tomorrow, so they are far from a shoe-in.

Even if LSU falls below Georgia, I believe an LSU win over UT would jump us past Georgia. And of course if we end up playing Georgia, we can take care of matters ourselves. We may need to play a stronger Georgia team if VTech does jump us (it would be very close).

Then of course we need the Kansas/Missouri loser to lose to OU (which I think will happen).

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

:thumb:

Whatever happens, I am thankfull to our Tigers for a thrilling season.

:geaux:

3. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

Thanks GURU. Convoluted.......but there it is.

4. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Thanks for the analysis, man. By now, I am not very confident, but it really doesn't matter. At this point, the only thing the Tigers should be worried about is winning the Conference. That's all they control. What comes after that comes after that. And there is no chance of a snub. We controlled our own destiny - twice, and we blew it, twice. So there you go.

5. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

It would be nice to sneek back in, but we don't deserve it. We haven't played like a championship team since the Tulane game. Besides, our defense is good enough to take the title.

6. TigerSac

TigerSac Founding Member

Why would we be still ranked ahead of UGA? I disagree on that one. We might even be ranked below USC and VaTech

7. islstl

Damn dude, a #1 ranked team that most consider to be the most talented team in the land loses in 3 overtimes to a pretty good Arkansas team with a probable Heisman trophy winner and we drop all the way to #8.

No thank you. I will pass.

The SEC is brutal, and everyone knows it. LSU will have somewhat a soft landing.

8. TigerSac

TigerSac Founding Member

Arkansas is a good team, but an unranked team at the time. There is no way we will be ahead of UGA, that is if UGA beats GaTech. Didn't USC drop all the way to like 8 or 9 when they lost to Stanford?

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

First of all...it's STANFORD. Secondly, and most importantly...it really doesn't matter if we fall below UGA...by one spot.

ISLSTL broke it down like the guru he is...and he's likely right.

IF...and I say IF...we win against UGA or UcheaT, and get a month to rest and recover from injuries...(Dorsey, Steltz, Trindon, Flynn, Early, and more)...I think we would win whatever bowl we are in...including the BCSNCG.

I think EVERYONE knows it is HIGHLY unlikely...but it IS possible. GEAUX HUSKIES!!! Then next week...GEAUX TIGERS AND GEAUX SOONERS. Honestly, does anyone think it's not possible in this crazy year?:huh:

10. islstl

Wow Arkansas is as bad as Stanford.

I wasn't aware of that.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.