Projected BCS

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 16, 2013.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

1. Alabama
    2. Florida State
    3. Ohio State
    4. Baylor
    5. Oregon
    6. Auburn
    7. Clemson
    8. Missouri

#3 and #4 is going to be a razor thin difference.

Baylor will jump Ohio State with a win over Oklahoma State next week.

Play close attention to how much closer Baylor gets to Ohio State in the human polls.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  2. islstl

Wow, I thought it would be razor thin between Ohio State and Baylor but good goobly goop.

.8869 Ohio State
    .8856 Baylor

The biggest thing to take from this is how many voters switched their vote for 3rd place from Ohio State to Baylor, even with seemingly similiar impressive wins.

They smell fraud in Ohio State. And rightfully so.

No way Ohio State is 3rd in line for the BCS. That spot is reserved for Baylor if they win out.

I like it.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Fraud? That's a little extreme.

There's no denying they've got the weakest schedule between the two teams but OSU is doing what they are supposed to do—taking care of the teams in the fashion those teams should be taken care of.

Based on the current rankings, a win Thursday night gives Baylor 2X as many wins over ranked opponents (2 to 1 but the point still applies) which should give them a nod over OSU.

4. islstl

Very good.

You've been paying attention.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Without running to BCSguru on Sunday afternoon...

Something that very well may come into play are opponents on the 7th of December. Baylor against an unranked TX team and OSU playing a top 12 BCS ranked team in Michigan State.

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

The latest "bowl predictions" has us in the Peach Bowl against Duke.

So got to thinking... What kind of ticket sales will they have if LSUplays Duke in the Peach Bowl. Duke is a basketball school (and a good one) and relatively small and you will have an LSU fan base asked to go back to a bowl they didn't want to be in last year against a much more historic football opponent.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I don't know where the host pulled his information...heard an hour or so ago (radio) the projection was the Outback against Nebraska.

There's a lot of shake-ups that could still happen with the SEC's bowl agreements.

8. islstl

IF Michigan State doesn't stub it's toe against NW or against #25 Minnesota.

Something tells me they lose to NW this week. They have lost 4 games in a row in a most excruciating manner, against Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska and Michigan.

Ohio State's only shot is to pray Michigan State is in the top 10 by the time they play each other. Don't sleep on the Michigan road game for Ohio State to end the regular season. That's their BCS championhip game.

9. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

The number one question I have is where will be (or rather what bowl game will we get stuck with) if we drop the reminder of our games for the year? My worry is that no one, especially not Miles can get this team motivated to play for the rest of the year. What is there left to play for? About all left is honor and respect, no chance for the SEC champ and no chance for a BCS game. I hope I am wrong but looking at the last couple of plays last week when mett was on the ground and no one went help him up, has this team given up and are we phoning the rest of the season in at this point? It wouldn't surprise me to see us get blown out by the faggies and then loose to the piggies. I hope I am wrong but I am worried where the collective heads are at on this team.

As for the rest of the BCS the gumps have to go through the wareagleplainsmentigers in a couple of weeks. Maybe they could be kept out of the NC game.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Ohio state still has a ranked MSU left..

In any case, I dont see Bama or FSU losing. But anything is possible.