Projected CFP rankings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 23, 2019.

1. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

WWL is reporting today that tOSU has now earned a “tougher” schedule than LSU with equal quality wins over top-ranked teams and have “blown their doors off”, which explains their jump. They are running this story at the top of the hour news break.

Is this accurate? I am thinking no. And do they have any top-5 wins? If things stay on track, we could have not 1, but 2, top 5 wins. Will they have any?

I’m pretty much over it now, but I was pissed yesterday. Now it is just a fukn whatever...lol

el005639 and watson1880 like this.
  2. TigerFan90

This guy is definitely staking out a position. Whether all of that is true or not or comes to pass, I do not know. What I do know is that the conclusion is correct. Politics will and have fucked up everything. Leave that shit out of it.

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Less politics and more odds making toward a predetermined outcome. Chickenshit none the less.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Don't you think the number 19 is rather arbitrary? Not 15. Not 2o. Not 25. Oh, yeah. Cincinnati is #19. LSU has 4 wins over teams who have the athletes to beat them or Ohio State if the bounces of the ball went their way. Texas, Florida, Auburn and Alabama Ohio State has 1. Penn State. If Cincinatti was in the SEC or the Big 10 they would be a 3 or 4 loss team. Despite the rankings the LSU win over Texas has more value than the Buckeye's win over Cincinnati. Or it should.

The committee is juggling the deck for one reason. To avoid a first round rematch between LSU and Alabama. They don't want Alabama in at all but if it works out that they have to they are already shuffling the cards. If chalk holds both teams will be 13-0. Does the committee dare to value an Ohio State win over Minnesota over an LSU win over Georgia?

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

At this stage I wouldn't rule anything out.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. didit

didit Veteran Member

i see this the opposite of what he's saying... if bama gets in, you would think they would rather the rematch in the first round... if they put us at 2 and bama at 4 and we both win, then the rematch happens in the final game... i'm pretty sure they don't want that scenario...

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Precisely why it's NOT arbitrary.

Did LSU give up 89 points or not? Otherwise, you are talking about judging a beauty contest.

All this frustration is what SO many other teams have been griping about for YEARS. I don't believe it will come down to a comparison of those 2 match-ups. However, assuming everyone wins out, were Ohio State to have a maudlin win over Minnesota and LSU to have a monster win over UGA, LSU will probably bump to #1. JMO.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Exactly right

9. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Straight up, I want to play Alabama in the first round if they weasel their way in.

10. TigerFan90

So much for the WWL article for now. LSU is still #2 in the new poll.

I want someone here to please tell me why I am wrong, nothing against tOSU. But I sense the committee is doing what it can to make the road as hard as possible for an SEC team to win yet another title. Having to play Clemson in the semi-final is probably going to be harder than the 1 seed opening with the 4 seed. Perhaps the committee is favoring a tOSU v. Clemson matchup for the Natty.

Am I crazy? Am I too conspiracy? Am I dumbass couillion drinking some kind of conspiratorial Saints/NFL kool aid?

JFC. I hate the committee.