Projected CFP standings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Bama has no better resume’ than Oregon . This beauty contest ‘ well we know they’re the better team’ Horse shit has to end.
    Beat somebody , Sistafuckers.
    All of America would smile if these Crimson shit sticks were left at the altar.

gynojunkie, ParadiseiNC and el005639 like this.
  2. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Total horseshit ...
    Oregon is a back of the Gus Bus panhandler
    Alabama is in the playoffs ...

https://apnews.com/APTop25CollegeFootballPoll

Wait and see Tuesday Night when the Playoff Polls anoint Alabama and Tua’s post game limping act to elicit sympathy

3. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Best Point of Barrett Sallee:

1. LSU is the best team in the nation and it isn’t even close ....

Error ...

LSU started playing a Big 12 type Offense ... He was corrected by the Announcer

We run a Sean Peyton Hybrid Scheme that cannot be stopped at the collegiate level with the talent and speed we have on hand and at QB

4. BP

BP Founding Member

Axtually, I just as soon they not be in the church.... maybe the graveyard.... speaking only metaphorically, of course.

el005639 likes this.
  5. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Bama is going to get in. I just don't want to play them. They will be 4 and we will be 1 - I don't want to play them again. Hopefully the committee has them further down the list than 4 or 5

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

I get that...but a loss by Ohio state assure bama is in
    We need osu and Clemson undefeated with a one loss pac 12 or big 12 champ. Then I think bama is on the sidelines

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  7. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I was thinking that if OSU lost, that would move Bama in the 3 spot I guess. But I am looking at the AP poll, not CFB - pray they knock them down further

8. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I do not think it would be justice to let Bama in the back door. .... again. The real point of the playoff is to generate broader interest in the process to sell more advertising dollars. They let Bama back in, disenfranchising entire swaths of the nation, those ad dollars become less valuable.

el005639 and ParadiseiNC like this.
  9. BP

BP Founding Member

I don't think the selection committee or the Power 6 conferences give a damn about the advertising dollar. The selection committee is not chosen by ESPN and doesn't get a piece of the action, and the conferences get there's per contract regardless of how much money ESPN does/does not make. Plus, the ratings have been pretty to very good, anyway.
    Just an aside... the Bama/Georgia championship game had the second highest viewership of any CFP games. By your way of thinking, it should have been one of the worst since it was two SEC teams (and bordering states, to boot).

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  10. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Well, with all due respect to the Ducks, the Gophers should be rated ahead of you right now with that huge signature win over the previous #4 team in Penn State. A win that your program does not have. That said, they will not jump you. At least not yet. I have no problem ultimately seeing Oregon get in the CFP. This year, though, I think they would get bounced hard and quick. This is going to be a challenging CFP this year, IMO.

GiantDuckFan likes this.