Proof of the Ref's helping Bama

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUFAN910, Sep 30, 2012.

1. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

There is a difference between a bad call and what appears to be an intentional decision to favor one team over another.

Herb likes this.
  2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Maybe he should just ban us for not worshipping Bama. Oh wait, this isnt TardFans. Maybe he's lost, again?

3. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Refs are to Bama what the media is to Obama. They just can't help themselves.

gyver likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

My question is why do we need to produce any more evidence? We just need to accept that this happens and will continue, and that playing in that state comes with a few more challenges on the gridiron.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Any time a referee looks at the first down marker before spotting the ball is questionable. If he also moves the ball 2feet, it should get the attention of the SEC head of officials.

gyver and b_leblanc like this.
  6. furduknfish

In Birmingham? Thanks for makin the point Red, "These are not the droids we're looking for. Move along."

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It was not inconsequential. We were very much in that game at that point, and if we'd been given the ball (what, around midfield?) and scored, we'd have been winning the game.

8. furduknfish

Yep, I love that Master of Time and Space thing where "I know it didn't matter". Like the score was 500 to 12 or something...

9. CaptainTide

CaptainTide Veteran Member

Hey, man, I hate that site. Don't compare me to that ridiculous bunch.

My point is, while that clip is very odd and doesn't make sense, there was probably a reason for it.

The referees do not "help" teams. I'm not biased or blind or looking through my crimson glasses. That is how it is.
    That old myth is something people always want to believe but they know it's not really true... or at least I hope they do.

As for the interception from Nov. 5th..... From the angle at 1:12 it is completely apparent (to me) that Williams had enough control of the ball (after his back hit the ground he lost both hands on the football but still had a very firm grasp with one hand) and it should have been a catch. Just my view on it. Whatever. There will be bad calls and there's nothing you can do about it. But please don't be so naive as to say that the refs are helping a team. That's just stupid IMO.

I am not saying it doesn't happen VERY occasionally when a certain, very biased ref does something stupid and helps a team knowingly, but man, how are you ever going to know that? And my point is that the entire team of referees are NOT paid off or in favor of one team. Ever. Okay?

10. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Bad has no favorite. Bad is just bad every chance it gets. The officiating in the SEC is bad.