Proof the world is ending

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Aug 15, 2018.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Prompt Succor huh? What is the ACTS retreat?

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'm glad you posted this. My point is, had I done it "their" way it would be okay, as long as the church has their hand and say in the situation. If I follow their rules it is okay to break the word of Christ. Do you not see the hypocrisy?

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Has someone taught your dad what a metaphor is since then or what.
    Man that's tough. It makes catholicism look far left. Curious where you land.

That's what all religion is just to varying degrees. Nevermind you covered that.

LSUTiga likes this.
  4. tirk

When man is involved with the contradictions of the Bible hypocrisy is unavoidable. Then it's like lawyer speak deciding who gets into heaven bc that's essentially what people want. Man is incapable and there are no clear answers. Blind faith and pray.

And everyone pretends they know but no one does. We can just hope. That faith word is the most powerful and gets everyone bc it keeps you from questioning.

uscvball likes this.
  5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

And yet....
    "Canon 1087 states: "Persons who are in holy orders invalidly attempt marriage."

This impediment remains as long as the priest has not been dispensed from it, even if he were to attempt a civil marriage, even if he left the Church and joined a non-Catholic sect, and even if he apostatized from the Christian faith altogether. He cannot be validly married after ordination unless he receives a dispensation from the Holy See (CIC 1078 §2, 1)."

"Paul, in his first letter to the Corinthians, recommends celibacy for women: "To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is well for them to remain single as I do. But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to be aflame with passion." (1 Cor. 7:8-9) But the early Christian church had no hard and fast rule against clergy marrying and having children. Peter, a Galilee fisherman, whom the Catholic Church considers the first Pope, was married. Some Popes were the sons of Popes."

The Church has frequently ignored the teachings of Christ. WHERE, in Christ's Word does he say that habitual, perverted, illegal behavior against children should be covered up?

You want a game-changer for reading?
    [​IMG]

6. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I knew you were going to bring that up. It's not in Christ teaching and the church does not teach it. MEN who are sinners do it. Big difference and if you don't know the difference, I encourage you to make an appt to meet with a local priest and question him about it

7. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Its retreat led by lay people for the lay people to bring you closer to God. It stands for Adoration,. Theology, Community, Service. Tiga went on one and I have been on the women's retreat. My best friend who hadn't set inside a church for 30 years went and it helped him. He told the priest for confession he would be there a while as it had been that long. LOL Look into it

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Okay....I brought up 2 points. One, priests marrying. Christ did not say or teach that priests should not or could not marry. And yet Canon law made that the case.

Point 2....the sins of priests were ritually covered up by the entire Church, all the way up to the Pope. So even those who did not commit the sin, ALSO committed a sin. 1,000 victims, 300 priests, and the entire hierarchy. Exactly whom within the Church has followed Christ's teaching in this situation?

Understanding, receiving, and following the Word doesn't require a fancy costume, a big hat, or even a bank. A priest isn't going to change my view on that, although I wonder what a priest would say about the need for a central bank.

9. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I don't know the history of why they decided priest shouldn't get married but I am ok with it.
    And You wont find me defending the cover up. And sin is when you don't follow Christ's teachings.

10. tirk

Now that's a window into your soul.

shane0911 likes this.