Proof the world is ending

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I wish martin would comment on this thread.

2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

if someone called your pregnant wife a cow, or any animal for that matter how would you act?

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I'd say then I guess I'm a cow-fucker!

shane0911 likes this.
  4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

The bishop wanted him and mom to seperate for a year just the church could bless their marriage. F#$k that. She was pregant with my oldest sister and would have had to have the baby "out of wedlock" in 1954. Tell me know that shit is what Christ would do.
    Well let me put it this way. my father is 84 and i am damn sure he would do the same today. And i would be right there with him.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I would say metaphors are not literal. So this was lost on you too?

6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

its a standard of decency with me (and dad)...dont call my wife, daughter, mom names. the bishop chose those words to be hurtful and he got what he asked for.

Bengal B likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

My mother was raised as a Catholic but she hadn't set foot in a Catholic church in 50 years. On her last night on earth my aunt and I were with her. As we were leaving my aunt saw a priest in the hospital corridor and asked him to give her sister the last rites? The priest asked if she was Catholic and said she had to be Catholic for him to say some holy words. My aunt said she was and offered him $20. He then gave my mother the last rites. I don't know what his prayers did any good but if it made my aunt feel any better what's the harm?

Winston1 likes this.
  8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

None whatsoever IMO. Helping another human being get closer to God especially at or near the time of their passing should BE the calling of anyone officially representing.

My dad was agnostic. I never heard him say a prayer, never heard him praise Jesus. The only time he ever went to church was by invitation. And yet, there was a day in the hospital after he had been diagnosed with a malignant glioblastoma, when a volunteer came in to the room asking if he'd like to have the hospital chaplain come by to pray with him. To my shock and complete joy, he said yes. Should it matter the denomination, the time frame, the reason? I don't think so. Official rules often become a barrier between Jesus and those willing to hear the Word.

kcal and Bengal B like this.
  9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

As I understand it’s beginning wasn’t religious but practical. Priests could marry until about 1000AD though bishops were discouraged from marrying.
    The reason one of my history professors gave is that priests were handing their churches to their children thus weakening the bonds to and authority of the church. Orthodox priests still marry. The church also allows married Episcopal priests who convert to stay/become ordained as Catholic priests.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

They can have it all. I won't even consider going back until they can prove that they can keep their hands out of everyones pockets and little boys pants.