Props to Brady

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by pheroy, Mar 23, 2006.

1. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

I've been critical of Brady in the past, although even before this game I thought he seemed to have turned a corner with this season. Well, now he's turned the corner and parked a Humvee in Cameron, metaphorically. :thumb:

Great all around effort from Brady and staff, and the whole team. I thought Temple was the player of the game but it truly was a team effort, and Brady had the right plan. Way to Geaux!

2. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Can you imagine this team if we get the guys to stay a couple more years.

If they will give the Tigers 2 more years this could end up being one of the best basketball teams of all time.

And it is clear they enjoy playing with each other and get along well.

The NBA aint going anywhere and work on their game.

Tyrus needs to work on his outside game scoring and polish his passing skills.

I think his defense is ready now and no problem with his dunking skills.

3. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

I agree Calco....if this team can only stay together for a while.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Agreed about Brady, one of the best teams of all time?
    I don't know about that.

I think the LSU team of CJ, Shaq and company was one of the best of all time
    that disappointed but what do I know?

5. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Remember this moment, Brady Bashers...

This is less a comment directed at this post, but more to the sentiment I feel on many of the threads after this game... It's the apologist treatment of Brady. It starts "I've been critical of Brady...(but I'm a fan now) " or "I haven't been a Brady fan, but...(good job Brady)". As I mentioned on another thread, the resounding statement on many a Brady bashers' post this past week is "well, let's see what happens against Duke... " "Let's see what happens against a real coach, Coach K."

So, Brady and team have won and shocked the world. What now?

I just say now, with our Elite 8 team in the spotlight of the basketball nation, Brady Bashers please remember this moment. Remember this moment when you make that next negative post. Remember this the next time you question Brady's record or coaching style or recruitment or player management. :redface:

And to all of the LSU basketball "fans" out there let's support this team and this coach, beyond the next game. :grin:

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. THE MAGIC IS BACK IN THE PMAC!!!

6. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

Re: Remember this moment, Brady Bashers...

Absolutely right! Everyone kept saying Brady would get out-coached. Remember? Now they want on the band wagon. I've been a constant pro-Brady and caught pure hell for it. They kept telling me that I "wasn't here for the embarrassing years"...BS! He took a program that was in shambles and has brought us to this. You have to show him respect now whether you like him or not!

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Sassy, I don't know if you include me in those who were dissin' Brady, but I know I made counter points to your pro-Brady comments. I stand behind those counter points in defending the attitude of many less strident basketball fans. I'll even say in the wake of one of the strongest seasons in our history, that while I give Brady a ton of credit for what he's done these past three years, and especially this season, I am only about 90% pro-Brady. Which is about the percentage I was for Saban when he left.

Obviously, you and I look differently at sports, which is fine. I differ from alot of the folk on here, and alot of people share your opinion. I am enjoying this season, it is wonderful. I think Brady and this team has been exceptional. It's just not in my nature to elevate a person or program above reproach. To do that is to rob them of their humanity and hunger to drive themselves. Striving for perfection is a constant job - beating Duke was great, but we've got another great team wanting a NC as bad as we do waiting for us Saturday. Duke is just another team and we beat them. As fans we can enjoy it, but even fans effect the atmosphere in which the players operate. I'm excited, but I'm waiting until we've won it all or gone down fighting before I truly celebrate the season.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

We were on probation, but we weren't close to being in "shambles".

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

How many of the bashers will be back if we lose a game? What if LSU gets out-coached by Texas? Will Brady bashers be back saying the Duke game was an anomoloy?

At any rate, this NCAA success is great for our program. I think it will really show in next season's attendance rate.

10. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

You really need to let this go. You're way too consumed with the Brady basher issue. We just beat Duke and we're in the elite 8 ... enjoy it!

Brady has proven the last two years that he belongs at this level. Skip will give him a new contract and lots more money. Attendance will go up next year.

It's all good...