Props to Brady

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by pheroy, Mar 23, 2006.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Maybe I go overboard with my posts, over explaining myself and getting too verbose. I should keep that in mind when posting. But of the two of us, I don't think I'm the only one who comes off as arrogant, and if recycling the line, "I'm sure coach __x__ goes to bed planning how best to please you," is your idea of a sound or funny rebuttal, I'm not the only oblivious one.

When a poster talks about the bad fans who want to run off every coach, it is hard to imagine they mean only the few posters who are clearly assinine. Because those posters are very few. It is hard not to assume they mean everyone who is not blindly optimistic, those of us who want to look at a situation realistically. I haven't always stood completely behind Brady, and even now that he is having success I don't regret the impressions I had before the season started.

Some people use sarcasm tastefully, others just come off sounding like a smart ass.

2. col reb

col reb Founding Member

3. kveille

kveille Founding Member

Saban Fan

I give the LSU Basketball team credit and all you do is come with some dumba$$ response. I could understand a response if I posted something negative about the team. Get a life and stop acting like a jacka$$.

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Re: Remember this moment, Brady Bashers...

Umm I think we've established I "enjoy" to the Nth Degree when LSU wins.
    so exactly what is your usable advice here? :confused:

It's not a waste of time to point out how stupid people look being stupid on the Net. It's actually fun. Brady bashers are stupid. Forrest Gump looks like a Prof. with Tenure compared.
    There I feel better just typing that. :shock: :grin: :lsup: :lsup: :geauxtige :geauxtige

5. downtown

downtown Founding Member

have to jump in here for a second. First of all, John Brady had an excellent strategy planned to beat Duke and to affect their two best players. We basically shut down one and did the best we could against the other. I don't know if he outcoached Krewzewewezewewzewski or anything, but Brady definitely didn't get outcoached and I think we outplayed them. A couple of guys on our bench really came through and we were the better TEAM last night. It was one of the biggest wins in LSU basketball history and it was really exciting with all the blocks and slams from both teams.

With that said, I don't think anyone has to apologize for not always backing Brady or sometimes speaking negatively about him. Sure, maybe those who said we were going to get our asses kicked or that Brady would never make it to the Elite Eight might want to apologize, but there isn't a need for the rest to be sorry for anything. Some people are losers and will always bash no matter how good the circumstances are. Others just voice concerns when situations call for it.

People don't need to apologize because John Brady has changed his style. Otherwise, if he hadn't, I think LSU wouldn't have done so well this year. Here's 3 things he has changed that have made this year such a success in my eyes:

1) He seriously beefed up his nonconference schedule
    2 )He has said himself that he has calmed down his coaching style - meaning everything doesn't have to be so confrontational between himself and the players. Ex. - Brady and players cursing each other out on the bench during games, etc.
    3) He is a defensive coach and this year he puts a team out there that has defensive stars

The schedule we played this year really prepared us for the athletic teams of the SEC and it showed in how this team played and progressed in the SEC. In previous years, this wasn't the case.

Also, after Gransberry quit, I think he calmed down his approach even more than he would admit. Last year he had the big argument with his team after one of the games and that's when things really started to get out of conrol for him. This year, you can see that he is more calm with his players on the bench. I think he started mellowing his style at some time last year after all the drama. I think this may be his biggest accomplishment.

Finally, Brady has always been a defensive coach, but he hasn't always had the guns a defensive-minded coach should have. I think this years team has a starting lineup with no less than at least three defensive stars. It doesn't matter if our offense isn't that great. We have enough fire power to beat anyone with our athletic players and defensive schemes thrown in by Brady. In the past, we couldn't say that.

So, Brady has changed these things and it has worked great for him. He's never been a terrible coach. He was just one that had too many problems in too many different areas. He has fixed a lot of those things. Besides that, he has been blessed with a team that has GREAT CHEMISTRY. It is something that is really valuable in many situations. A few of these guys have been playing together since they were little and they're friends. Most coaches have no chance of having that kind of team. John Brady didn't have to look far to get this team together. It's kind of unbelievable to have that much talent come from one little area.

Anyway, no matter what happens against Texas, John Brady has done an excellent job this year and made it a huge year for LSU basketball. People don't need to apologize for not always liking him. They were right in many cases. John Brady has changed and given people some reasons to change their feelings about him.

This team has the ability and the chemistry to possibly go all the way. Now, that would be awesome and the biggest reversal of fortune I've ever seen for a coach in the tourney from one year to the next.

Now, if you haven't fallen asleep by now...Congratulations, you're officially as boring as me.

Go Tigers!

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You reap what you sow, dude. Go back and read your posts before the game. Count your red dots.

7. kveille

kveille Founding Member

Saban Fan

I stand by my previous posts. Before this year Brady hasn't proven himself as a top SEC or NCAA coach. LSU beat most of the teams they should of this year, but failed to win the big games (UCONN, OSU, UF twice). They did beat WV and LSU finally won the big game last night against Duke and it was a great job by Brady and his staff. The regular season dosen't mean anything now. Every teams ultimate goal is to win the NCAA tournament and LSU is on their way to achieving that goal.

I will commend Brady if he does something good and question him when he does something bad. I am not on this board to worry about whether I have green dots or red dots by my name. I say what I feel about LSU and I am proud to say that I bleed purple and gold. My posts will never attack another member on the board (unlike your posts) unless they attack me first. I will respect your posts as long as it isn't demeaning or sarcastic towards me or another forum member.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

:hihi: Go greenie weenies. I like my avatar, but I'll probably change it later because I don't want to be thought of as a Greenie sympathizer. (Actually, I don't have anything against the too-lame gween wave, especially after the hurricane. I get excited about their success the way I do ULL or ULM or LaTech. :yelwink2: )

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yawn...no biggie. You'll be gone in a month.

10. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

First off great post--given your rationales and arguments, I'd say you are probably one of the people that does NOT need to apologize.

But, I will say this, there is a fine line between being an objective but positive fan and a basher. For example, someone who merely comes on this board and talks about how Brady will never take us to the next level, without understanding how to get there, what Brady has had to deal with, and the little things that he HAS done to improve the program, is probably being negative to a fault.

You are at least acknowledging there are positive traits here with Brady and what his negative faults are and what he's done to correct them.

My feeling on this topic is that the attitude of a fanbase certainly CAN be a detriment or hinderance for a program. And bashing does no good. I believe that, in fact, the bashing has hurt us the last few years. Perhaps it's the difference that someone like Shan Foster, Demond Carter, D.J. Augustin didn't choose to come to LSU. While some objective criticism and educated impressions of how a program is doing are certainly warranted of any program, when this team was improving its RPI year after year and the talent level was improving, I found it surprising and not a good thing that there was "bashing."

Overall, I'm a big proponent of understanding the "momentum" of a program before I cast judgment on it's captain, and I'm enjoying that we can now point to this Elite 8 as perhaps what was finally needed to validate Brady. I hope now that this momentum does in fact carry over for years to come and the "bashing" can end.

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. BEAT TEXAS. BRING THE MAGIC BACK TO THE PMAC.