Props to Terrence Tolliver

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DownOnTheBayou, Oct 10, 2010.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

This kid had the game of his life and it was nice to see!

This kid was a beast last night. On his first TD, when he dragged the UF defender for ten yards to score, I had a feeling he was gonna have a great night and he did. They were gonna have to break his legs not to score.

And of course the last play of the game was phenominal.

He's had a bad start to the season, I hope this is his turning point and kills the rest of the year.

1 person likes this.
  2. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

I was thinking the same thing. What a great performance by TT. Clutch plays and big time catches!!

I also thought Lee did a nice job running the offense and looked very cool and in control on that last drive. He did a nice job hurrying the team down the field to spike the ball (yes, we saw a clock stop play!!) and then a great job putting that pass where only the receiver could catch it with the game on the line.

And although we gave up a bunch of points I thought the D really played a strong game. Nevis was busting some heads in the backfield and making things miserable for the Gators. Take out a couple of miscues and a couple of penalties and the score isn't even close.

And if you watched how SC exposed Bama yesterday and then look at our how these Tigers stack up ... I like what's starting to develop. It's a process and we're working our way through it. Good stuff is on the horizon ...

3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

It was great to see Tolliver re-emerge. Amazing things can happen when a passer with touch can deliver the ball in a receiver's sweet spot.

JJ played a great game last night, but Lee's passes to Tolliver were money.

4. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Very very true. I can't wait to see Randle and Sheppard emerge from that trio of receivers; also, I have to include the tight ends, particularly D. Peterson. Huge difference with Lee as the passer. Also the offense line seemed to have done a good job protecting the QB.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Great things happen when the ball is thrown to him. Hope our coaches noticed that. :hihi:

6. mach316

mach316 Founding Member

Great game for Tolliver! Now if we could just get Petterson to come back :cry:

7. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

He was a monster last night.

8. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Good post 420
    But how many points can we attribute to our Defense? I think you have to hang 14 on Special teams and 7 on JJ's interception and return. Our Defense was the difference last night.

TT & RR could both be All Americans if our QB would get the ball to them. When we get in the Red Zone, I say split RR to one side and TT to the other and throw the fade to one of them. Make the safeties choose who to cover. Then throw the hot route to DeAngelo.
    Just my $.02

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

J Lee at QB put a definite spark in him. You could tell in his demeanor.

10. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

You can bet that Tolliver is buying JLee a beer this week. Having a QB that can pass the ball makes a wide receiver look great, and lets the WR show his stuff.

THIS has been what's missing the LSU offense ... and what has been missing for TT.