Props To You Guys On The Win....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ugahairydawgs, Sep 20, 2003.

1. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

msully,

I know how it is sinking to those depths. I was glad to see LSU lose to Ole Piss in 97' after ya'll upset us. ;)

2. louisianavol

louisianavol Founding Member

just wanted to say congrats to LSU too. yall kicked a$$ today!!! i also hope we see yall again this year in atlanta, we need a rematch!!!!!!!!

GO VOLS!!!

3. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

Geeez, Georgia fans came to this board and told us how we could
    not beat them, how their team would over match us in every position and how we should bow to their mighty power. They had the advantage in everything from cheerleaders to coaches with a 9 game winning streak and were the defending SEC CHAMPS, we had not played anybody and were overrated........You guys do remember that right?
    Well we did beat them, and I don't see no reason to be so nice about that........some of the post below......I don't want to play them again.....bull crap......I hope we do play them again so I can watch the same results again........

4. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Who besides the Chump stated all those things?

5. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

Right now that looks very possible...but there's a lot of ball left to be played!

6. AT

AT Freshman

class act

You have as much character as your defense and that's a lot. I appreciate your post. There are a bunch of Tiger fans over on a paid board that i wish were that classy.

In Atlanta, all your guys will be healthy, perhaps, and it might be a very different story. Will be hard to beat Green twice!

Good luck, rest of the season.

7. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

SouthLink; not that it matters to you, but you've earned my respect. You talk good FB, deal in facts and you returned when your team lost, and I've yet to read any excuses. Two fine and young teams faced off today, and both had opportunities, and both made some first game type mistakes. We had drives killed because of dropped passes, and UGA had their share. There is more here than just a win or a big win over a very good UGA team. For this LSU fan (and I don't want to sound like a mouth piece for coach Saban) there was unity and focus in the face of adversity. Absolutely, in most situations a team should be down big with all the advantages UGA had in the first half. Good teams find a way to adapt and overcome. That is not saying UGA is not a good team. I believe this game was more important for LSU than UGA. We were actually picked behind Arkansas in some media guides. This proved we can win close games against top programs. I'm not in any way implying the game was not important to UGA. The dawgs kept coming just as my tigers did and I was very proud of the fans in TS. I hope they will repeat it against UF. I did post earlier that I would not want to face UGA again. I would not mind, I think it could be a classic, and other than last season "injuries" Saban teams have gotten better the last 5 games or so. So yes I would want to play the best with no excuses.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Southlink grew up as a Tiger fan. Thats not an addiction thats easy to kick. He might not admit it but I wouldn't be surprised if he watched the game with mixed emotions and deep down he is glad the Tigers won. If he denies it we can just tell him that he is "in denial" and needs to join one of those 12 step programs for addicts.

9. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

Congratulations to LSU

LSU beat Georgia fair and square.

And I want to convey my congratulations to the LSU Nation.

As far as the game went, my hat is off to the LSU D. Kept up the pressure when Georgia had good field position and opportunites to score early and also until the LSU offense eventually got on track.

I would give the game ball to Spears. Made some big plays, including forcing Greene to fumble on the LSU 6 yard line.

The Georgia defense played about as well as I expected.

Whatever happened to Billy Bennett is anyones guess. Perhaps Death Valley got to him?

But desire and intensity on LSU's part was what made the difference.

For the Dawgs, they simply have to beat Tennessee and Florida head to head.

For LSU, I suspect that the Arkansas game will again be a showdown.

Good luck to all of you Tigers!

10. msully

msully Founding Member

The fans ?????

I do not care about what a fan says for I am a fan and I talk a lot of trash , that is what makes not only the SEC but football , baseball , basketball fun fan interaction! Georgia has a great team LSU has a great team and if you did not see that , if your heart did not stop beatin and if you did not suck the bottom out of that beer can that you were holdin, and if you did not try to tackle the Georgia runner as he was racing for a TD , I did all of that . I even missed the LSU TD I had to watch it on rerun ,I was walking around in the room mad saying LSU just blew another one the same ole LSU can't win the big ones , always looking for a way to lose . Hey I was wrong ! Not only is Georiga a great team , but so is LSU this team did not do as I did ,they played a full game . This one is better than the Ky hail mary pass much better ,. I hope Georgia is as good as they looked if they are not then LSU is not as good as I want them to be !! GEAUX TIGERS !!!