pryor and others suspended

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by skippy737, Dec 23, 2010.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Or why they took Reggie's Heisman for living in his own house; or Bama's players for selling their own books; or Cam's dad for selling his own son...oh wait. :hihi:

2. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Yep, these kids are slow learners. They should know by now to just say, "My dad sold that stuff."

1 person likes this.
  3. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

well i don't really see the situations as comprable if a player is given improper benefits that's one thing but to sell something that the player personally owns because he earned that award/jersey is another thing.

Others may not see it that way but if the players are gonna be suspended then they should be for receiving free merchandise, like the tattoos, but not because they sold something that is theirs and no one elses.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

The problem with selling of their personal property is that it is another avenue for agents or boosters or schools to compensate players. Lets say I'm a representative of Auburn University and I buy Cam Newton's SEC Championship ring for $180,000 as a means of funneling cash to his dad. Everyone can say it was his personal property but it has an impact on his amatuer status. That is how the NCAA looks at it. What amazes me is that they acted quickly in ruling Ridley ineligible but turn a blind eye to the Cam Newton deal. And why would you suspend tOSU players 5 games but not the bowl game? Something doesn't smell right.

1 person likes this.
  5. *LSUTiger*

*LSUTiger* LSU/CLEMSON

All I can say is just wow!

6. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

Then don't make a post.

The NCAA is a bunch of crap. They are allowing them to play in the Sugar Bowl solely because of money. If Pryor wasn't playing in that game then the average fan wouldn't tune in to watch it.

College football is screwed up right now.

1 person likes this.
  7. Herb

Herb Founding Member

WHAT???

Pryor sold his MC Hammer pants???

8. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Yea, that makes sense. I never thought of it that way.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

They are selling NCAA sanctioned property.

That's why.

10. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

So, the NCAA is mad b/c it should be their profit, not the players'. My love for LSU and LSU alone is the ONLY reason I continue to follow NCAA football. The determination of champions are a complete joke. The NCAA is a money-hungry whore with no heart and even less soul. I DETEST THE NCAA. To continue to follow college football as avidly as I do shows how much I LOVE LSU till my final dying breath. GEAUX TIGERS!!