pryor and others suspended

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by skippy737, Dec 23, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

True. I think the only thing I think would throw us all for a loop is if they actually came out and said, the public is right, you got us, it's always been all about the money.

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Nations Corrupt Athletics Association. Anyone who believes Pryor and Co. didn't know better is full of chit. AJ Green was suspended for doing the same thing, and if you think the players in Div. I football don't know when a big name player is suspended and for what infractions your crazy, these guys talk and news spreads. They knew what they did was wrong but they don't care, their not coming back next season. And since nothing has been done about Cam, tOSU and IF wUSC is let off the hook... you'll see widespread football anarchy next season. Hell maybe LSU should just bring in a Arena2 QB and some other big weapons and just win the BCS for the next 5 years... what can the NCAA do about?

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I don't know if I buy this whole cloak-and-dagger theory about how the AU and tOSU rulings are being used as this grand, ingenious plot to get USC off the hook. As my mother would say, it's too much sugar for a dime. The Reggie investigation was already 5 years in the making when the NCAA finally ruled, and if they wanted to let USC get off scott free, they could have quietly dropped the football investigation for lack of evidence/testimony/cooperation and imposed penalties on the basketball program.

And the NCAA has now gone to all this trouble....for what, exactly? Their public image has been shattered into a million pieces, and I don't know if it will ever recover. If no further action is taken on the Cam Newton situation, or worse, the NCAA tries to bury any further investigation following the NCG, they have now put their tax-exempt status in significant jeopardy by their de facto sanctioning of a professional market for high school kids with their parents acting as agents. And the NCAA put this entire unholy nightmare in motion all just to save USC when they could have done that far more easily a couple of years ago?

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

5. lsudolemite

6. TigerBrit

TigerBrit Founding Member

7. lsudolemite

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I do not believe that the NCAA is finished with Auburn yet. They took their sweet time pursuing USC, Tarkanian, and Dale Brown.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Man, Ohio State wouldn't have scored a point if the 5 players that should have been suspended would have been suspended.

10. chewie

chewie Glitched

This. At least it was an exciting game, it would have been a mauling without them.