Pull hard against Auburn the rest of the way

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerStagg, Nov 17, 2010.

1. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

The common shortsighted perception is that we should want Auburn to get into the BCS title game so, if we win out, we'll slip into their Sugar Bowl spot. If you care about LSU getting maximum national title shots in future years, you'll sacrifice a backed-in-to Sugar Bowl appearance this year for the worst possible BCS championship game match-up. One that the public doesn't respect, doesn't believe represents the 2 best teams and doesn't draw ratings.

The only way a groundswell will start to institute a playoff system is if the major conferences and TV networks insist on it. The only way that will happen is if the deserving big boy schools start getting left out of the BCS champ game and everyone is being sold that TCU-Oregon or Oregon-Boise or Boise-TCU is supposed to crown a the champion. The ratings would be down significantly and the major story line would not be "Oregon is the best!", "TCU is the best team!", it would be "Too bad no playoff, the SEC champ likely would've annihilated either one of these teams" and "Ratings way down in BCS champ game". TV dollars drive this boat. It won't take much convincing from the networks to change the system if the ratings suck.

If such a scenario happened a couple of times, a playoff system in major college football (alleged by those with a vested interest in the status quo to be an impossibility) would become a certainty. Then LSU would truly be a national championship contender every season, regardless of our murderous SEC schedule, and life would be great.

And if you don't like this notion because you are against an 8 or 4 team playoff in college football, you must also agree with a one or two loss LSU team being behind the weakest conferences unbeaten teams in the BCS standings. I can't imagine that you would.

PS

Also, pull against Auburn because they are trashy hillbillies, thugs, and mercenaries with no regard for the thin facade of integrity in THIS THING OF OURS (College Football) and destined for years of NCAA sanctions.

1 person likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Sold.

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

You had me at hello.:thumb:

1 person likes this.
  4. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

Yep I'm pulling against them.
    Down go the cheaters.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Ya know what is sad, is that our opinion of them 4 weeks ago was completely different. We were in for a respectful hard fought game against a very good rival that most of us considered classy. 4 weeks later, all the Cam controversy and the Fairley dirty play talk has changed all of our opinions. Amazing how quickly people can turn on you. :rolleye33:

6. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I actually felt bad for Auburn at first, knowing they were going to pay the price for Cam. Now though, after they put their head in the sand combined with the possibility of even more wrong doing. I am actually at the point to see them fall and fall hard. As soon as they played Cam last week, to me they have no business being in any sports.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I would have pulled for them if not for the thuggery i witnessed saturday. That and i just don't like the way Gene Chizik looks. He looks like that ass hole P.E. coach you had in Junior High, chewing his gum, in his vinyl warm up jacket and turtleneck. all he needs is a whistle around his neck.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I just want Nick unFairley's career to be over after Saturday.

I told a Bama fan here at work to pass the message to Nick to make sure they are perfecting the high low block this week. I expect results from it.

9. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

I'm pulling hard.

10. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

OK, if you insist, I'm in. Does anyone know the words to "Yea Alabama?"