Pull hard against Auburn the rest of the way

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerStagg, Nov 17, 2010.

1. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

Thank ya I was hoping someone would catch that!

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

give it time, i'm sure that will cover this class in about 10 years.

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

ROLL TIDE !!!!!!!

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Oh, I get the point, I just disagree with you. Live with it.

I want LSU to go to the highest bowl this year and every year. Perhaps your scenario works out to improve the BCS, then again perhaps it doesn't. Perhaps the BCS changes anyway. Meanwhile LSU gets second-rate bowls. I want LSU in the Sugar Bowl. This year.

5. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

living very well thanks

6. WoodlandsTiger

WoodlandsTiger Founding Member

Not so fast my friend (did I actually say an expression by Corso? Lord help me)

Remember, no one likes the person, team or conference that is on top - people will try to bring them down or talk about them. If Auburn wins the MBCS then I will be thankful that another SEC team won. USC will never be talked about down the road that they didn't win a NC in 2003 when we all know who won it. Reggie Bush or not the fans will still hold to their 2003 AP vote. I say screw em' (west coast and east coast bias coaches/programs/institutions)

Cam and Auburn will get what is coming to them eventually (if true) so I would like to keep the SEC streak alive. Alabama beat Auburn and Auburn wear out the Cocks in the SEC championship. Oregon lose and somehow our Tigers sneak in (I know, wishful thinking)

Auburn in championship game against Oregon and us playing Boise in the Sugar would be just fine with me!

Back to reality - Need to beat Ole Miss this weekend and hopefully we can weather the storm against Ar-Kansas next week.

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

How would a playoff have hindered LSU from winning an NC in those years? Are you saying LSU wasn't the best team in those years?

And in fact, a playoff probably would've meant a 2006 NC as well. LSU was probably the best team in the country toward the end of that year, and had to play friggin' ND in the Sugar.

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

We will not see a playoff so long as the school presidents are against it.

9. P&G Fan

P&G Fan GEAUX TIGERS!!

It will be a big disappointment if Bama lets Auburn beat them! Newton knows he did wrong and seems to smirk as if he won't get caught. With this said, I would like to see the SEC keep rolling in the NGC and I believe LSU has a hill to climb to get there but Auburn is a couple or few wins away and they will beat anybody who gets there!!

Then again, it would be sweet to open the 2011 season by beating the National Champions - Oregon Ducks, if Auburn doesn't make it there!!

10. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

Yeah I think LSU would benefit from a playoff as well as the SEC in general.
    And in 2006 we had a real good team overall. We stomped Notre Dame 41- 14 I believe. We had some great chances to win the NC if there was a playoff several years.