Pull hard against Auburn the rest of the way

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerStagg, Nov 17, 2010.

1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Just speaking from a purely statistical standpoint. The more games you play, the better your chances are for losing one, especially when it's against the best competition in the country. The ball bounces funny sometimes. In an 8 team playoff in 2007, we may have had to beat USC, Oklahoma, and Ohio St. three games in a row. That's tough sledding no matter who you are.

2. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Back to the original question...

I will pull for Bummer big time against AU, but if they can't do it, I will pull for AU in the SECC game. If Bummer beats AU, then we have a great chance at a BCS bowl because no matter what happens in the SECC game, the winner is in the BCS and the loser is out (giving us a chance to get in). If Bummer loses to AU and then AU loses to USC, in my opinion, we have a much less chance of getting in (I think that a one loss AU will be above us in the polls and USC gets in automatically). So I will be pulling for AU to go undefeated and land in the MNC game if Bummer can't spank them.

Now, back to your point... I think that we can get into the BCS and still have chaos in the MNC game that makes the BCS look bad. I think we can have our cake and eat it too. No matter what, there will be a 1 loss BSC team that does not get in that thinks it should and probably an undefeated nobody-beating team that won't get in.

There is plenty of badness in the current BCS system and I don't see that AU going undefeated will point that out less than if they lose the next two games. If the chaos that we have seen the majority of the time from the BCS has not broken it yet, then I don't see any scenario this season (even Boise St vs TCU) that will break it. I am beginning to believe that it will take an act of congress to get it broken up.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

why would you cheer for a team that cheated your team out of a possible national championship?

4. tigermark

To get LSU into a better bowl. AU will pay the price when the time comes if they are guilty. Right now it isn't that time and no amount of holding our breaths will change that. It sucks, but it won't change in time to make a difference. If (and I still say 'if' because I am not one to trust the NCAA) the hammer drops on them in the future, I will be cheering their demise. While I am cheering their demise, will LSU have a Sugar Bowl win or a Capitol One Bowl win in their record? That is the reality.

If they get busted big time in the future for what they had done, the higher they reach, the further they fall. And that is alright by me.

If they don't get in any trouble, then they are just another SECW team that beat us and went on to prove the SEC is one tough freakin conference with another MNC appearance (hopefully a loss).

The best scenario for us to get into a BCS game is that AU loses twice. With respect to that, there can be no argument. But if they go 1-1 or 2-0, then I hope it works out well for LSU. If they beat Bummer, the only thing that helps LSU is for them to beat USC. So yes, there is the chance that I will be pulling for them in the SECC game.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

eh, i would rather go to the weedeater bowl than cheer for auburn.

6. tigermark

I don't consider it cheering for AU, I pervert it to think that I am cheering for LSU. My mind is easy to pervert.

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I want the NCAA to take all their wins away and send lsu to Atlanta for the seccg this year. I want the best bowl for lsu but I can not cheer fairley and newton to win. Sorry