Pumping the brakes

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Sep 30, 2014.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

What? . He will be cheered in Auburn if he throws a pick or fumbles.

TigerTap likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

[​IMG]

shane0911 likes this.
  3. J Smoove

J Smoove Veteran Member

Harris will do well against Auburn. He will stumble against Florida, play well against Kentucky and OK against Ole Miss. I also think that he will play lights out against Bama with two weeks of prep time and finish well against A&M. Arkansas will be tough, because think their offense will dominate the time of possession which will not our offense to get into a groove. I made the correct call with Jennings and damned if I wasn't dead on.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Good to know someone has a crystal ball. What's next week's powerball while you're at it?

StaceyO likes this.
  5. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

No way the LSU defense will be able to stop Auburn in the middle of the field. Too much to ask for a true freshman QB to play an errorless game and be mentally stable enough to produce enough points in his first start on the road in the SEC. Hope I'm wrong, but I see it something like: Auburn-30 LSU-17.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not if we play it like we have been. I expect Chief is working on some changes to counter the run out of the spread. We did OK with Auburn last year and with Johnny Foosball. These young defensive linemen need to grow up fast and play smart. Despite the problems, LSU has played two ranked teams and is the #6 scoring defense in the country, allowing only 13 points a game. Uncharacteristically for a Chavis defense, they have given up some big plays. They just need to keep improving.

It is very tough to win on the road in the SEC West any time. Harris is not going to play an errorless game, but if he can keep his head on straight and keep making progress as the game goes on, he will be all right.

Auburn must win this game to win the SEC. Unlike last season when they weathered an LSU loss ended up in the big game, this is the first game of a killer schedule for them. They can't lose the first one. They can't lose a revenge game either. LSU has been their bane in the 21st century, ruining a number of their seasons. If they can't beat LSU in a rebuilding year like this, when can they? Huge game for them. Lots of pressure.

LSU has nothing to lose. We are road underdogs against a top-5 team. Our chances to win the SEC depend entirely on how badly the other SEC West heavyweights bash each other. Completely out of our hands at this point. Harris has nothing to lose and should play to win. He would benefit from a year as a reserve, but he ain't going to get one. Might as well go for the brass ring.

Auburn should win this one, but I'm calling the upset. LSU 24, Auburn 17

StaceyO likes this.
  7. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

I think we see a two quarterback system at LSU for the next two years. Bring back the whiskey bottles.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think that's the way to play it unless one guy has success.

9. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

Bite your tounge! Or get a girl to bite it for you!

Harris is our QB henceforth.

Bengal B likes this.