Purple and Gold

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by EyeofDTiger75, Sep 28, 2004.

1. EyeofDTiger75

EyeofDTiger75 Founding Member

Any of y'all in Baton Rouge know what is goign on with the Purple and Gold. I have not recieved and issue in over 2 weeks and my subscription IS current. I tried to call there office but all I get is a answering machine but the message box is full so it will not let me leave a message.

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

The last thing I heard was that they were having financial difficulty and were looking for more funding.

3. LSU713

LSU713 Freshman

Purple and Gold is having serious financial troubles

Last I heard they owed the printers quite a bit of $ and some employees were not current with their paychecks. I think their problems all started when TAF discontinued their member subscription deal with P&G.

4. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

I have a buddy of mine that used to work for it. The owner was paying himself waaay too much money....Dont look for purple and gold to be in business much longer.

5. BB

BB Founding Member

P & G is belly up, done, finished, dead, gone...

6. bigfella99

bigfella99 Founding Member

... and so is the $32.95 I paid to renew my subscription. I guess this is a classic case of "buyer beware". If it looks to good to be true, it probably is.

7. BB

BB Founding Member

I do find it extremely unprofessional that we have received no word from them in any shape or form - that is amazing. They should have, at the very least, circulated a letter or email to let people know what the deal is...

Those guys are going to need a job soon, or so it seems, and people don't forget things like this. When you leave adult professionals swinging in the wind you piss them off to no end...

8. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Really? Sorry to hear it, and I'm glad I didn't get sucked into renewing (I got the comp subscription via TAF last year).

Their 2004 season guide was/is good, though, even if most of the writing was not. Man, those guys need(ed) a good editor!

9. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Damn, I just signed up for the 'premium' service for $59.95. Last year the comp subscription always arrived late so I went for the first class delivery. Was wondering where my last two issues were.

10. DeepPurple

DeepPurple Founding Member

I just renewed too ,I also e-mailed the BBB in baton rouge,I suggest everyone do the same. They knew they were in trouble when they took my renewal on the phone, then told me the first week I got nothing that the problem was my PC, Sorry people